Problems with my Direct TV DVR...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by pissed@DTV, Mar 17, 2006.

1. pissed@DTV

pissed@DTV New Member

Mar 16, 2006

Advertisements

I got my R 15 DVR Receiver last December. It worked great for about 3 weeks, then little problems started happening. First, it would not allow me to watch channel a, then record channel b, at the same time. I had to record whatever I was watching. Then, it didn't record some shows, and would start recording 10 minutes after the start, or stopping 10 minutes before the end. The caller ID quit also. Now, the latest is that it has a software download that keeps coming up, and if you don't prompt the TV to "download later", it will shut off your picture, and then tell you it was not able to download the software. No matter what you do, it does not do it. After my 4Th call to DTV, I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone, only to be told by a supervisor that "we know that we have a problem with the R15, and we are trying to fix it, but unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do to help you." Nice answer. I am not to happy with them right now...

2. MikeF

MikeF New Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Falcon, CO
    You'll need to go over to dbstalk for assistance with the R15 since that is not a TiVo based DVR and is not supposed to be discussed here. There are lots of good R15 topics and people in similar situations that can help (or at least let you know you aren't alone).

Good luck!