Problems with Linksys WCG200

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jbadrov, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jbadrov

jbadrov New Member

Jan 15, 2006

Advertisements

I have two TiVO Series 2 DVRs which have been working fine in my home network for over a year. I was using a Comcast supplied cable modem, a Linksys BEFSR41 router and Linksys USB200M adapters for my wired network.

I just changed to a Linksys WCG200 Cable Gateway to replace my old cable modem which was no longer working (thereby not needing my BEFSR41 router anymore). Nothing else has changed.

Now my DVRs cannot connect to the TiVo service. When I test the connection, everything works. When I attempt to connect to the TiVo service, it prepares and connects, but gets hung up on the downloading option and ultimately fails, giving me "Network Connection Unsuccessful" error.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am quite frustrated and have no idea what to do. I cannot find any posts for this anywhere.

2. gaijinexpat

gaijinexpat New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I have a similar problem.

I changed my gateway from version 1 of Linksys WCG200 to version 2 earlier today. (Linksys did this for me as part of its warranty support.) I also use a Linksys USB200M adaptor to connect my Sony Tivo to the network.

I had no difficulties with the old (version 1) gateway -- a different story with version 2. The gateway works fine until I plug the Tivo ethernet cable into it. At that point red lights begin blinking on the gateway and it is rendered useless. If I unplug the Tivo ethernet cable, the red lights disappear and the rest of the network is once again connected and online. Furthermore, if I remove the version 2 gateway and use version 1 again, there is no problem. Presumably this suggests some conflict between my Tivo and version 2 of my gateway.

I was going to call Linksys support until I saw this thread. I will still call them, but I will probably contact Tivo first.

If I get a fix, I will add another message to this thread.

3. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    The firmware is 100% updated on the new router/gateway?