Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by lcsneil, May 21, 2010.
I'll take the virtual cash as I don't drink (much)
Thanks, I've had a few calls on this in the week,
so I've added that number to the tivocentral website too (and twitter )
Mine worked OK 7:50 AM today
Fingers crossed ..
Thanks to whoever fixed it
Seems OK here - the test works which was also failing last night
Cheers all working fixed on a Sunday
Mine's back in action again now
Thought it was just me, so I just switched the box off last week. Just switched it back and its downloading.................
Must visit the forum more often.
Just noticed that I can now read the links in Carl's siggy!
"can now read"? Why couldn't you before?
If you don't have 10 posts on this board you get an error "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater."
Ahh right. Forgot about that and didn't see the number of posts in WM's post; if you see what I mean
Help. I am having exactly the same problems as everyone above. I log a daily call every day and while I was away about six days ago it stopped working and reported 'no answer' exactly as everyone above. However putting in 02079061000 has made no difference whatsoever. I get exactly the same message, conmnection failed, no answer. I know I am dialling and I know there is some sort of modem on the other end. i had been worried my modem had gone wrong but it is obvious I am hitting the same problems as the rest of you, the difference is it hasn't been fixed. I am on BT and I live in Somerset. I have not yet called the Tivo service number but I will. Meanwhile my guide is running out of road! Can anyone help?
Contary to what was being said earlier on this board I have just been told by TIvo service they have had no word that the server problem with updating our TV schedule by telephone (in my case BT) is resolved. On the contrary they think it is still ongoing. They gave me three further numbers to try but none worked. I keep getting 'not answering' or occasionally 'number unobtainable'. This is a first for me, I have never had any problems and indeed was away when it started at almost exactly the time reported here. The previous daily call had been successful but the one on Thursday the 20th May I think was not and no success since. Please advise and could others experiencing the fault post?
I'm not being successful at getting updates, and I connect over t'internet. Could this be related?
I don't think so. Mine is connecting fine over the Internet - Last was yesterday (Sunday) just before noon.
So I don't think there is any problem with Tivo's servers.
No - the problem last week was only with the freephone dialup telephone number.
Lots of fiddling for me when I get home from work then
reverted back to phone dialup, and update worked fine. Not sure what is going on with the network link (I can Telnet to tivo so it's not the card)
Which log should I be looking in?
Hmm - I suspect this is the relevant bit
Broken pipe and connection reset - problem at TiVo's end?
I'm no expert on this, but in the absence of any other response, here's an extract of my log following a successful update yesterday. Looks identical to yours up to the entry 'about to do TCD411 Call'.
Forgive me for what might be the obvious - have you tried restarting Tivo?
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: updateStatus: In Progress CL| 30 24
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: SendDialupEvent 30 9 CL|30
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: updateStatus: In Progress ST| 33 14
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: SendDialupEvent 30 9 ST|33
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: About to connect to 188.8.131.52:80
05/31:11:11:29: /tvbin/TClient: Executing HTTP command: /tvbin/http_post /var/log/svclog http://184.108.40.206:80/tivo-service/mlog.cgi OFF OFF ON
05/31:11:11:30: /tvbin/TClient: about to do TCD411 Call
05/31:11:11:30: /tvbin/TClient: Executing HTTP command: /tvbin/tclient_post 220.127.116.11:80 /var/tmp/TCD411.send /var/tmp/TCD411.recv 300 ON
Yup, restarted, changed over to dialup, restarted, (which worked) then back to network, restarted, checked the settings twice - no dice.
Whether it's coincidence or not, my update failed on 18th May - which ties in with what sledger noted ('about 6 days ago' on 24th May)
Checked I can ping the servers, which works, so I'm not really sure what is happening.