Problems upgrading Humax DRT400

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by tgolightly, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tgolightly

tgolightly New Member

Aug 2, 2006

Advertisements

1st off... id like to apologize. i havent 'researched' my problem, i just thought maybe id toss my situation out there incase someone reads it and is like all, 'hah! i had that happen, its an easy fix.' if there needs to be a ton of questions asked, just tell me to rtfm and ill go away. =)

i have a humax drt400 that i am upgrading to a 400gb seagate hd. i did everything from the hisdale tutorial and double checked it with the interactive tivo upgrade site, and i typed the right commands, and the report at the end indicated that everything went great. i put the drive back in the tivo, and i get a green screen after bootup telling me that something is messed up and its going to attempt to repair it, and it will take 3 hours. then it reboots. and this just goes on and on and on. simple fix?

thanks,
    tbg

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Then it's got to be something else :cool: Check the jumper is set to primary single drive when in the TiVo.

Follow the instructions in the "WeaKnees interactive tivo upgrade" the PTV guide is out of date you need the -s 127 and -r 4 in the mfsrestore.

It might save time if you post the command(s) you used.

3. tgolightly

tgolightly New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    hey, u got me there.

the command i used was:
    mfsbackup -Tao - /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi - /dev/hda

so the -s 127 is there but i also need a -r 4 huh? ill try that one.

the drive that i took out of the tivo was jumpered to cable select... which i did find odd. i jumpered the replacement to cable select as well, since the origional was. could this affect it? ill go rejumper the drive now and try it while i wait for your reply. =)

thanks!

4. tgolightly

tgolightly New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    alright popped the top and jumped the drive to master, and i still get the green screen telling me that tivo has encountered a problem and is going to attempt to fix it, and it continually restarts over and over and over. ill try copying the drive again, this time adding in a -r 4 in the restore.

5. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan

Advertisements

The -r 4 option is required for huge drives it comes into play somewhere around the 250G drive size and larger on the Series2 TiVos. It has something todo with the partition size.

6. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003
    The -r 4 should solve your problem.

7. markharris

markharris New Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I recommend that you start over, using ONLY the Interactive Tivo Upgrade Guide website. Follow it TO THE LETTER and it will work. I used the same docs to upgrade my DRT and not a problem. You seem to be mixing instructions.

JUST USE THE INTERACTIVE GUIDE!

8. tgolightly

tgolightly New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    ill redo it tonight using only those instructions. thanks so much for all you guys help. youre great! i really expected a rtfm, and i deserved it. =)

tbg

9. what the!?

what the!? New Member

Oct 19, 2006

I have the exact same problem. Did the above suggestions resolve your issue?

Thanks