Problems transferring One Pass & Recordings to new TiVo Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Michael Gargano, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Michael Gargano

Michael Gargano New Member

Oct 13, 2020

Advertisements

I'm trying to transfer recordings and One Passes from my TiVo Premiere XL to my new TiVo Edge, but TiVo Online keeps giving me error message: "There is a problem communicating with this TiVo box. Make sure your box is connected to your home network, then try again" related to the Premiere. It will see the To-Do List on the Premiere, but when I try to go to One Pass Manager tab, it gives me that error message.

Contacted support and they said it's some kind of communication issue between the Premiere and Edge and some kind of software that's missing on the Edge that's causing TiVo Online not to have visibility to the Premier, which made zero sense to me.

They said they'd escalate the issue and get back to me in 3-5 business days with a solution/software update (which, after dealing with Support, I have no faith is actually going to happen), so I'm hoping someone here can offer an actual solution.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its more like permissions that are missing between both boxes. Make sure the preferences are enabled in your tivo.com account and then have both boxes connect to Tivo service. They might need a reboot if they still don't transfer, follow up with another Tivo service connection.

3. Michael Gargano

Oct 13, 2020
    Both boxes are connected to TiVo service and the device preferences are enabled on tivo.com as well

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Yes, but have they both connected to Tivo service since you added the Edge? The new box cannot communicate with the old and vice versa until they connect to Tivo service, get a Media Access Key (same key across your Tivos and account).

6. Michael Gargano

Oct 13, 2020
    Yes, both have connected to TiVo service simultaneously and have the media access key

7. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    One passes and channel list can be backed up/restored with KMTTG.

8. Michael Gargano

Oct 13, 2020
    I downloaded KMTTG and was more than overwhelmed by the interface and wasn't able to figure out how to make it connect to my box, let alone how to use the program properly.

9. Michael Gargano

Oct 13, 2020
    TiVo sent me an email saying they'd sent a software update to my boxes, which allowed me to transfer recordings, but I still can't transfer One Passes using TiVo Online.