Problems staying connected with Samsung Q8 TV and HDMI

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nerdles1, Aug 23, 2018.

1. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013

Advertisements

Upgraded my tv from 1080 to a 4K and have been having HDMI connection problems. I have about a 25 ft run from box to tv. I replaced my HDMI cable with a newer one and it is definitely better but still occasionally looses the HDMI handshake and says no source detected. So I disconnect the HDMI and plug it back in again and all is good for a while till it happens again. This sucks paid a lot of $ for this TV not feeing good about it. Are there any type of boosters that may help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Holagrave

Holagrave New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    I’m sorry I do not have a solution for you, but I’m glad someone else is having this issue. I have a 2018 Q7 and TiVo Bolt Vox. I can be navigating the TiVo guide or menu and all of a sudden the input switches to that stupid TV+ source that’s embedded in these Samsung TVs.

I switch back to the TiVo input and things are fine. Until it acts up again. Usually once a day or every other day for me. SUPER annoying!

3. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Got a j-tech repeater seems to have solved the problem. Still not happy about the big banner hub thing pushing rentals that pops up when I turn on in the morn. Have to use the tv remote to make it go away faster if not have to wait a while before it goes away. Sucks cause I only use TiVo remote. My older Samsung used to go straight to HDMI source no banner hub thingy.

4. danart

danart New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Arnold, MD
    I have a KS8000 Samsung Tv model, but the software might be the same.
    Go to Settings->More->System->Expert settings->Autorun Smart Hub->Off.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  5. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013

Advertisements

Well the next morn after installing the j-tech booster the tv went straight to HDMI source no banner screen. I have a feeling that for some reason the banner screen with the inputs selection and the rental app was coming up because of the weak signal on the HDMI port. Just a guess though. And yes I did check off no auto run hub selection previously. Anyway all is good now got a solid day in with no probs. Thanks for the help

6. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Well been a few days now and screen has been going black here and there for a split second now and then. I have a fiber optic HDMI cable I’m gonna try to see if it works any better. Will keep posted