Problems Downloading web programms

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Robmir, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Robmir

Robmir Ret. Broadcast Eng

Jun 8, 2003
    Way down...

Advertisements

Since September I lost the ability to download any web programming, swivel, music, amazon movie purchases etc through my internet connection do to the possible fact that I am located in south america and the the TIVO server detects my IP.:confused:

I am a TIVO suscriber since the programming download was possible through a wideband access when I bough my just released series 2 Pioneer 810, my account is in good standing and I don't am opted out.

Once I go to the search menu my Tivo displays a banner to check my internet connections, so now the only thing it download as always is the guide and the C-Net podcasting because I had it selected since many time before and the tivo server reminds my preferences selection without any need to request it again which means my upstream to log in is what is blocked.

Any other request like the swivel etc, goes right away to the before mentioned check my internet connections.

Is there possible to mask my IP address, taking in mind as I understand the Tivo is not an ordinary computer which can be directed through any of the available internet services which redirect you to their websites do that ?

Could be a way to the trick the TIVO to go to a specific masking ip webserver and from there to the TIVO server ?

Now that so many services has been added, I feel transported way down to day one and missing the new goodies.

Any tips or a solution will be deeeply appreciated.

2. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    I'd check d-e-a-l-d-a-t-a-b-a-s-e. they might be more forthcoming with answers.

3. Robmir

Robmir Ret. Broadcast Eng

Jun 8, 2003
    Way down...
    Hi bengalfreak:

Sorry to bother you but could you please PM me regarding this subject since I don't get it ?