Problems after upgrading Hard drive and cachecard

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by raynerm, Mar 12, 2006.

1. raynerm

raynerm New Member

Mar 12, 2006

Advertisements

I have upgrade my tivo and have a few problems that I hope you can help with.

I upgraded my 40gb hard drive to a new 120g one using a command like
    mfsbackup -f 9999 -so - /dev/hdX | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi - /dev/hdZ

the problems i am now getting is the tivo is recording shows in the middle of other shows. The tivo also sometimes just reboots itself. Also it may record a show and then when you go to watch it later you get a message saying failed to record due to no siginal

I have also installed a cachecard which is working fine on my network but will not make a daily call. I telneted into the tivo and run the nic_config_tivo and get the following message.

Determining Software Version
    Segmentation Fault

I found the following thread and run the MSFCHECK program this produced no error but crashed the tivo. once the program had finished i could then run nic_config_tivo so changed it to dial up.
    showthread.php?t=287889&highlight=copy+msfrestore

thnaks mark

2. gavinss

gavinss 3-Tivo Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tranent
    I recently upgraded my disk and had problems with programs segmentation faulting.

I found out the reason is because my swap area had been written by the upgrade software with a byte-swapped version number, which was causing the swap area not to be mounted.

You could try 'cat /proc/meminfo' to see if the swap area has been set up correctly. If not then the mkswap can be used to set it up.

Gavin

3. raynerm

raynerm New Member

Mar 12, 2006
    thank you this fixed both problems.

Mark