Problem with transferred file

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by fatboy888, Oct 3, 2006.

1. fatboy888

fatboy888 New Member

Oct 3, 2006
    I have a new series 2 Dvr that is connected to my network. I am running the latest version of Tivo Desktop (2.3a). The programs transfer with no problem to my computer. The files show up as as Windows Media files (about 1.2 gigs). When I try to play them, they don't fill the window. They are square and small. I tried opening the file with Nero and Power DVD and there is no difference. I checked the Tivo Desktop settings and "dont prepare my transfers for portables" is checked. Am I missing something? Is there a way to resize the picture? It almost seems like they are sized for an Ipod? It happens with all the programs that I transferred.

Thanks for you help

2. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You might be seeing the native size. In MWP, I think there is an option to resize the video to match the player. I use Nero, and it automatically scales the video to match the window when I resize it. There's a full-screen button on Nero, and ALT-ENTER switched WMP to fullscreen.