Problem with streaming audio using .m3u from the Tivo Desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by miller890, May 6, 2006.

1. miller890

miller890 Member

Feb 15, 2002

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if they are experiencing a problem with streaming audio using a .m3u file from the latest release of Tivo desktop 2.2? I decided to go back to just using the Tivo Desktop; however, receive "Abnormal Program Termination" when I play a streaming audio from a .m3u file and the desktop quits, but the music continues to play. I have done this in the past and it worked fine on this same pc running XP which I just use for Tivo. I have uninstalled all other Tivo Apps & Tivo Desktop, regclean'd, rebooted reinstalled Tivo Desktop 2.2 an I am having the same problem. Any ideas?

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,Aural Moon: 56k Main
    http://live.str3am.com:2010/

2. miller890

miller890 Member

Feb 15, 2002
    bump

3. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    In the past I've chatted with the guy who put Galleon together on this topic because I had a similar problem (though, in conjunction with Internet audio). He says the TiVo Desktop software is not very fault tolerant when streaming - network issues/lag can kill streaming. I wonder if it's worth checking your home network out? Either way, maybe try using Galleon as a proxy to overcome the crashes.

4. miller890

miller890 Member

Feb 15, 2002
    I was able to duplicate this problem on my brothers TiVo with a PC that was running a fresh install of XP. I actually copy & pasted the file above and I have the same problem where the TiVo desktop crashes. I am guessing that the problem could be:

1. the actual syntax of the file
    2. the file extension
    3. the source

Has anyone run into this one?

Network traffic on my LAN is fine. The actual source plays, it just kills the tivo app which would lead me to belive reachability is fine (no packet loss, 32ms avg resp time w/ 100 1024 byte packets).

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

TiVo only supports streams broadcast on port 80. The stream you're trying to access is on port 2010. This limitation is the reason why internet streaming is not officially supported in TiVo Desktop.

You should try the new live365 app in Music, Photos, Products & More. It might have the station you're trying to play.

Dan