1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jstaso, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    We just moved our router and TiVo with all the messy wiring into a closet. The TV is on a wall on the other side of the closet and the remote worked well through the wall for a while but is now having problems. It's the same problem discussed in this thread from 2013: Remote won't stay in RF mode Has this problem been figured out? It's a VOX remote purchased in February 2018 and the TiVo box is a Roamio Pro. I turned off the TV's WiFi in case it was causing interference but that didn't help.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Is the BLE Bluetooth USB dongle still solidly connected to the Roamio Pro? Have you tried switching USB ports, or using a USB extension cable to more optimally place the dongle?

(And have you checked the battery levels in the VOX Remote?)

3. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Thanks. I'll try working with the dongle.

4. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Thanks for your help. I had taken the USB extension cable off because it worked without it and forgot about it. The TiVo is now in the closet on a shelf facing the other way. I put the cord back on and so far so good.

krkaufman likes this.