Problem with Guide Data

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by astayton, May 28, 2007.

1. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois

Advertisements

I was haveing prolems with the guide data this weekend. I don't have anything past 6:00 tonight. I called D* and they are going to replace my HR10-250. Does anyone know what they will send me? It looks like I have to pay for shipping. I don't have to send my old unit back , but they couldn't tell me what kind of box I would get. I already have the new Slimline dish.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Have you tried a reboot? This can help clear strange problems, one of which is the unit losing guide indexing.

3. cramer

cramer Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Raleigh,...
    My HDVR2 didn't have any guide data today. (ran out Sunday.) A reboot later and it's collecting guide data again. Looks like something wedged the Apg thread/process. If it crashed, it would've rebooted immediately.

I really need to get my dish out from behind that tree :) (or kill the tree.)

4. Onazuka

Onazuka New Member

Sep 22, 2001
    Maryland
    I'm having the same problem. I rebooted and it gave me some warning message about not all guide data being available and to check my satellite connection. The message was only on the screen for like 5 seconds and I can get it again if I redo the satellite setup. I've checked all my satellite connections and the signals strength is good on all of them.

5. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois

Advertisements

Well after the reboot everyting is now working fine, but the fact still remains that they are sending me another box.

Wonder what it will be.....

Guess I'll find out in a few days.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Most likely the non-TiVo HR20.:(

7. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    this sounds like an excellent way for me to get a free HR20 when the new channels come in. Thanks for the information.

I would hope the CSR suggested a reboot (or maybe Jim was out that day). heck from what i read on these forums mostly what they suggest is reboot along with clear and delete. So if you didnt even get told to do that, you got lucky

8. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois
    Yeah they suggested a reboot we did it and after 15 minutes I still didn't have any guide data. That is when they said they want to send me a new one. About two hours later it started working.

I actually hope I get the HR20-700. At least this way I'll be ready for Mpeg4 stuff. Lets face it. We are all going to be going that way.

9. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois
    Well after all the Hype I recieve the HR20-700 today for the low cost of $19.95 for shipping. Come to find out my HR10-250 is working fine now. So I get to keep my Hr10-250 and have paid almost nothing for a new box also.

Long live D*.

10. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Unless the HR10-250 was replaced by the Protection Plan, the HR20 is considered "leased" and you have a new 2-year committment.

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    for almost free i think 2 years if fair...it's when you pay 400 and 2 years it's insane!

12. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois
    I've about every Sat Provider over the last 15 years. I started with Primestar then Dish and D*. So far I think that D* is the best so having to stay for 2 years with the promise of all of the new HD comming isn't to bad. I really like what they have and where else Can I go. I can't get any Cable where I live.

I'm happy. two years and little cost for the unit.

If you don't mind the two years this might be a way to get a cheap HR20. I called last night and they told me that if any one has hardware problem with the HR10-250 they will now upgrade for shipping. They don't have ANY hr10-250 to give out.

So I guess now I don't have any Tivo units on my account.

Anyone want to buy a HR10-250.

13. captdusty

captdusty New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Are you sure about that? After mine rebooted, it dropped all HBO-HD shows from my To Do List. It also fails to find that channel in any program searches, even though it's still present in the Guide.

I'm having flashbacks to that horrible Season Pass issue we had a while back.

14. astayton

astayton New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Illinois
    I used it for a week after the reboot and it worked great.

I just think the box needed a reboot. Must be running some sort of Microsoft software inside! :)

15. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    No, not all of us.

Notice my unit was behind on guide data last night. Rebooted and it's back up to date.