Problem using Pioneer DVD Recorder and Tivo's

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ButchKy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ButchKy

ButchKy Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Somerset, KY
    I just purchased a Pioneer DVD Recorder to use along with my three tivo's and I am having a strange problem. When I turn the Pioneer on and off it puts all three tivo's into standby mode, all lights go off on the tivo's and it tells me to press tivo or live tv to return to the dvr?? What's up with that?? :confused: Has anyone else ever had this problem?? The only way around this is to leave the Pioneer on 24/7 which I really don't want to do. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Sometimes remotes from other products are improperly recognized by TiVos. The usual solution is to change the remote code on the TiVo. See here for instructions.

3. ButchKy

ButchKy Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Somerset, KY
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried changing the remote address on each tivo twice and still the same result. I guess the easiest solution is to just get my butt up out of the recliner and turn it on and off manually.. :D

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Changing the address on the tivos has no effect because the default code of the DVDr is the same as address "0" on tivos, meaning it will control the tivo no matter what address it is set to.

You have to change the address of DVDr, check your manual.

5. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I posted a query along the same lines last year both here and the Tivo company forum. The best discussion was on the company forum at this link .

The ultimate solution was to leave the Tivo alone and use a different code set on the DVR. Unfortunately, my Harmony remote can no longer control the Pioneer, at least not without me manually programming the Harmony.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
  7. ButchKy

ButchKy Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Somerset, KY
    Thank you guys so much! Everyone on this forum is so helpful. I was able to change the remote address on the Pioneer and now everything works just fine. :D :up: Thanks again.