Problem Recording One Program

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Sueeliz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Sueeliz

Sueeliz New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I have a RCA DTV40 that is refusing to record one specific program. This is a fairly new program (on the air about 6 weeks now.) Neither the "record one episode" nor the season pass records. The program is listed on the season pass list and shows 4 upcoming episodes. I have re-booted and recently did the "check in" phone call, but the problem persists.

I see from other posts that numerous variations of this problem have occurred over the years, but I see no recent reports.

Any ideas what might be going on?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Check the Tivo's History menu .... what does it say about that recording? Does it appear in the To Do List?

3. Sueeliz

Sueeliz New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Yes, it is listed in the To Do list with 4 upcoming episodes.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    What does the history say? If the season pass is set up, it should state why something was NOT recorded.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Is your cable company actually broadcasting the show or is it disappearing before the Tivo hits it on the To Do list? Can you manually record it?

6. tjperez

tjperez New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Posted on THIS thread, I assume your cable company is DirecTV. If the show is not really being shown, it should've recorded something in its place.