Problem Adding Yahoo Acct

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by rckymtnrfc, Jan 21, 2006.

1. rckymtnrfc

rckymtnrfc New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Wondering if anyone else has run into a problem adding a Yahoo account to their TiVo so they can use the Weather, Traffic, etc. I am 100% sure I am entering my Yahoo ID correctly as well as the password. I can see them both in my Roboform and they work fine when I login to Yahoo's site....but everytime I try to login to the TiVo I get

"You entered an invail Yahoo ID or password."

I don't get it, I'm not stupid but I sure feel like it.....

FYI, my username and password don't have any strange characters, just letters and numbers. All lowercase and entered that way into the TiVo.....I'm annoyed.

Thoughts?

Ryan

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy New Member

Feb 26, 2003
    Albany, NY
    I'm having the identical problem!

3. myriadian

myriadian mega Pnut m&m

Sep 20, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    hi,

i'm having the same problem. the features were enabled today and i tried to log into yahoo and it said i was entering a bad username/pw. i even changed my pw and redid it just to be sure.

also the podcast app doesn't always remember the 'casts i've marked as favorites. that's a little annoying.

things that work well:
    the movie app (love it)
    and the live365 music feeds (wish they had HHUK)

M.

edit:
    i also ended up going to yahoo at my desktop and unlinked the tivo thing in the account page to try to get rid of the wrong login info or something. but now when i subsequently try to login via tivo and get the same error as before and check the yahoo my account page there isn't a linked tivo whatsahoozits there now.

did i make it b0rked?

4. Aflat

Aflat Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I breifly remember some thread where people were talking about special characters don't work very well. This was a while back, so its a bit fuzzy, but I think the $ was one of those characters that Tivo didn't like.

Try making your password really easy for now, and just see if it works. Just make sure to change it once you got it connected.

5. myriadian

myriadian mega Pnut m&m

Sep 20, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    ah yeah, i read that as well when i was searching the forums.

my yahoo password is standard lowercase letters and numbers, no special characters.

M.

6. padmalinowski

padmalinowski New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Some people had success after changing their passwords. After I entered my userid and password and then hitting that error message, I changed my password for a short period of time, and then I changed it back, and that did the trick. I didn't even have to enter the "new" password into Tivo again.

7. Ranger Rod

Ranger Rod New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    I was having the same problem last night. Did the same and even changed my pw at Yahoo & was still getting the Invalid msg. However, every once in a while I would try it and it would log in. WTF??? It could be that the problem was on Yahoo's end. I didn't realize that your Yahoo account would show a linked TIVO. Where do you look for that info?

I haven't tried it today, but will when I get home. By the way it worked fine for a week before this.