Private Practice 9/26/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I can understand why no thread for this one yet. Might be my 2nd axed show of new season. I like Tim Daly, and the guy from Prison Break, but I don't know if enough to keep watching.

2. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    I like all the actors, actually. But this episode was even worse than the Grey's Anatomy episode that served as its pilot. I'll keep up with it for a couple of weeks, but unless it shows significant improvement, it'll be gone from my Season Pass list quickly.

--Debbie

3. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    This show has Tim Daly, and therefore was doomed before it started. Daly is the current Ted McGinley, as far as killing a show goes.

4. TreborPugly

TreborPugly Unreal!

May 2, 2002
    Eastern TN
    I haven't watched this yet, but I watched the 2 parter Grey's anatomy that introduced these characters. It seemed like Ally MacBeal with Doctors instead of Lawyers. Is there overlap in writers and producers with Ally MacBeal?

5. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I wanted to like this. But it was a mish-mosh of writing and confused storylines.

And there wasn't time to build any sort of relationship with the characters before they came on like strangers who want you to know far too much and get intimate far too quickly so you want to back away.

I'll record it next week, and hope the writers get a little more centered and focused, and that they build something I want to connect to.

6. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    My wife was so excited about this show since she loves Grey's so much. She wasn't disappointed...I felt...meh. So far, not doing it for me. I'll watch a few more for her sake.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Like most pilot's, they are trying to establish the characters. Hopefully, the future episodes will by more focused.

Good to see Amy Brenneman in a show again.

8. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Yeah, pretty blah.

I was so hoping for something good.

9. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    Haven't watched it yet, and not a Grey's fan...but I'm going to watch it to see her again. I miss Judging Amy. :(

10. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I found it much better than the introductory Grey's Anatomy episode... at least until the end when Addison couldn't shut up in the conference room.

It's another show on my blah list. I'll probably keep it around while Chris Lowell gets some reasonable amount of screen time and while I'm otherwise unoccupied with anything productive to do or interesting to watch.

11. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Brenneman was the only really good part of this episode.

12. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    It's number 3 in priority on Wednesday (behind Bionic Woman and Gossip Girl, maybe?) so I didn't get it TiVo'd. I wasn't terribly disappointed because if the "teaser" last spring was any indication I figured it wouldn't be around long...

I did want to at least see an ep or two because I think Addison is quite attractive, but such is life...

13. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I enjoyed it more than the Grey's episode that introduced the characters, so I'm willing to give it a couple more weeks. Moon Zappa was great as the woman counting tiles. Too bad it was probably a one shot part.

I know they replaced the actress who plays Addison's best friend. I thought for sure it was a different actor playing Dell as well. He looked very different. Imdb proved me wrong.

14. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Haircut. Threw me for a loop as well.

15. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    It's just as bad as Grey's has become, but I'm not sick of all the characters yet so I guess I'll try to hang on for a bit.

Apparently there is no HIPPA in their part of LA. Must be nice to practice medicine in a world where you can magically get anybody's kid's medical records in 5 minutes with no paperwork and no parental consent.

16. ruexp67

ruexp67 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    If they added Nathan Fillian to the cast, they would be REALLY screwed.

I didn't watch Grey's, and am finding it VERY hard to get interested in this show at ALL.