privacy policy update 12-27-19

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tvmaster2, Dec 27, 2019.

1. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Has anyone who’s a better lawyer than I am read the NEW Privacy Policy emailed today? Normally I wouldn’t think of this as a problem, but with TiVo+, who knows what they’re up to...

2. texasPI

texasPI Member

May 9, 2010
    I like that I received the email notifying me of the updates after they went into effect.

hfcsyrup likes this.
  3. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

4. David B Gregory

David B Gregory Member

Feb 25, 2018
    It is a waste of time to read unless you plan to turn off Tivo. There are no options to change or opt out. Look at all the data breaches basically the consumer is screwed

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    From a quick scan of the policy a few days ago, that doesn't appear to be the case. Instead, it appears that TiVo allows a user to opt out of certain data sharing while not affecting TiVo core functionality. TiVo also allows consumers to telephone customer support and talk through the concerns and options.

(Having said that, I admit that I haven't had the option to study the privacy policy. Talk about something being long and drawn-out.)

6. MLM1

MLM1 New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    There has been a flood of updated privacy policies recently to reflect changes for California consumers that do not apply elsewhere. This is one of them. It is worth reading to appreciate how much information TiVo collects - basically everything you do with (or say to) TiVo is collected and analyzed. There are some limited opt-out choices.