Prison Break "Orientacion" OAD: 9-17-07 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Sep 17, 2007.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

With the summer break, I guess I was just ready for a new season and perhaps somewhat a new start for the series. Not a bad episode as it sets up several things for the new season.

2. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Some interesting set-ups, but it all seemed a little half-hearted. Or maybe my watching was just half-hearted, not sure. Definitely did not have the same tension as the first season. I really don't like the Bellick is still around. I get it, this is his comeuppance, but having him utterly humiliated and beaten doesn't make me gleeful, just sad.

I'm glad T-Bag is still out there and being evil and weasley.

When they started bringing the dead bodies out I thought it would be a great plan then when they got shot again I decided not so much :D

I did not expect to see LJ again after the end of last season when he said he was happy in Seattle (or wherever he was).

I liked Lincoln asking casually if they found "anything else" in the water - oh, just a bag with some money.

3. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I found it laughable there was an organization well funded enough to kidnap LJ from the US but not have the capability to break someone out of a Panamanian prison, but that is why I watch. No, really, in all seriousness, I like that they are trying to actually put some spin on the breakout other than he wants to get himself out. What will make it really interesting is to see how the writers have him pull this one off without rehashing a too-familiar feel.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It came off as a very contrived situation. I'm not ready to delete the season pass, but as the new season gets underway I expect this show will move to the bottom of the must-watch list in favor of just about everything.

If Bellick doesn't find some (opaque) clothing by the end of the third episode, I will cancel the season pass.

5. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY

Advertisements

I wasn't crazy about this episode...... I hope they pick it up soon....

6. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Meh, not too interested this season, I guess..

I had difficulty understanding some of the dialog, especially with the king thug dude; his accent was all over the place.

I'll keep the SP for a couple more weeks.

7. mattpol

mattpol ILYA KOVALCHUK

Jul 23, 2003
    NEW YORK...
    SP is very close to deletion.

8. mike300

mike300 New Member

Apr 20, 2006
    SP deleted

9. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Didn't have the same draw as the first time around. At least we are somewhat familiar with an American prison, and what goes on there. This time, we get Mad Max Beyond Panama, "Two men enter, one man leaves."

10. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Ep was good until the whole LJ crap.

Going to continue on the Season 2 junk, uhhh

11. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Did anyone else have severe crackling in the episode, especially the very beginning when they kept showing the guys fighting in the rain? Just trying to figure out if it is my Tivo since it froze up the other day.

12. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have to agree that there was a drop in story quality.

I'm waiting until T-Bag gets his.

13. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    When they brought them out I thought "They'll shoot them, to make sure."

14. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    T-Bag became the Salacious Crumb to the lead guy's Jabba in about thirty seconds flat.

[​IMG]

15. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Dammit. One episode and I'm hooked again. I didn't even think I had a season pass set up, but my bedroom machine picked the ep up. :cool:

16. BitbyBlit

BitbyBlit .

Aug 25, 2001
    It didn't have the excitement of the first season premiere nor the intensity of the second, but I'm still enjoying it. Since they have free reign of the prison, other prisoners notwithstanding, it will be interesting to see how they go about planning the break and who ends up joining the party.

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    How pathetic was the "aerial" shot of the prison? It was so easy to tell it was a miniature and the camera operator was shaking the camera to simulate a helicopter shot. It reminded me of the "miniature" episodes from CSI last year. Maybe they had the same guy build the prison that build the CSI miniatures.

18. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    While the first season was the television equivalent of a comic book, at least it was novel. This whole new story line (from an inmate run prison to a secret organization forcing one inmate to break out another) is just plain silly. It almost makes some of the plots from "24" look credulous.

19. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Was that the same actor for LJ? It seemed like it was a different actor to me. Also, they have Sara but conveniently don't show her?

20. FLbadgirl

FLbadgirl New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Durham,...
    I guess I am with the majority here.... the ep left something to be desired. Like some others, I like the angle they took with Michael not necessarily finding a way to get himself out but more getting another guy out to save Sara and LJ.

We shall see. I am not going to be to quick to delete my SP like some others here. I think the show still has some worth and I think it will continue to build the story in the coming eps.