Prison Break OAD 4-17-06, "Bluff" *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Apr 17, 2006.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

Still more of the season to go, so lets get it on!

--

Darn it, the guy helping Veronica is dirty. It's been a suspicion all along, but hate to find out for sure he's dirty.

--

Also sad to see things sinking so low in the efforts to raise the money to buy Scoffield's cell. Those batteries in the socks had to hurt :(

Later the poker game obviously gives us the name of the episode. C-Note must bluff his way into winning the pot. Not an easy task in the kitchen game.

Hmmm, Linc/A.J.'s petition was approved - papa involved again?

Vice Pres. Wettig and Paul/Owen have a different agenda than Lt. Rho? Who would have thunk that? Can they pull it off?

Haywire busted himself, guess he'll back on the meds very quickly.

And who would have guessed that the auction wasn't gonna go C-Note's way? As if you could ever trust a boss....

--

{ sarcasm mode on } Geary was fingered? Couldn't see that from a million miles away... { end sarcasm }

And OMG, OMG, OMG moment at the end, but that most likely means that Linc may yet again see his date with the chair pushed off so we can stretch the season out longer. (Though what will that do for D.B., C-Note and the rest of the pack?)

Woot! Abruzzi returns next week. I guess he's done pimping V.W.'s for a while

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Some of those guards deserve to be behind bars at least as much as many of the prisoners.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    This episode had some great one-liners. The poker game was as funny as that Reggie White sermon from about five years ago..

4. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    :p..A full house..that's something a Mexican should known about, eh, Jesus? :p

5. gpejsa

gpejsa Active Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Hanover MD

Advertisements

I agree Bdowell...the episode is pretty good so far. Weird watching in on west coast time for a change though! LOL

6. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    They should use VW Jettas to transport prisoners.

Next week we'll have Tommy Lee Jones standing on top of the smashed van:

" Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles."

7. Mr2sday

Mr2sday New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    The VP decided it was time to unpimp the auto/transport.

8. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I was thinking in terms of the side impact airbag commercial.

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I think that the VP's folks and/or The Company's people got the petition through.
    They want Lincoln to escape so they can kill him.

10. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I had a feeling Nick was dirty but is he working for the "company" or some other group?

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It bugged me how Michael and Haywire had free reign of the Wack Shack. You wouldn't think they'd let people wander around into private rooms and supply rooms without any supervision. I'm really excited for next week, though.

12. Michelle5150

Michelle5150 Still in Beta

Nov 16, 2004
    Seattle
    All I could think was that's one hell of a well built van.

:)

13. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    "For starters, my name isn’t Michael Vaughn."

14. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    wouldn't the guard have been arrested or something? or given the middle cell ;) I guess they keep stuff like that quiet but i would have thought the warden would have made an example. I wonder if they got the money back?

after he bluffed, wouldn't the bossman at least want to see what cards the other guy had? id think he would make that a 'house rule' at least.

nice that db got his watch back. I still dont understand about after the breakout...they will certainly be watching his family to see if he goes to his dying kid...they will be watching everyone's family...yet they rarely address that here

the doctor touching michael was a big professional no no....she crossed the line...what's next...her marrying him? :)

the crash at the end was predictable but wouldn't they know linc would be on that side and crash from the other side...and at a lower speed? oh wait, i forgot..those were the bad guys who wanted to kill him..not try to break him out.

is it murder to kill linc since he's already 'dead'?

15. mask2343

mask2343 Cable DVR convert

Jan 6, 2003
    Can anyone explain how faking the murder of the the VP's brother helps anyone? I get that a "company" is funding the VP's presidential nomination, but what does the murder have to do with anything?

I don't think the guy helping Veronica is "dirty" like the Secret Service guys are "dirty". It's probably another group.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    We don't know yet.

17. Chibbie

Chibbie New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lexington, KY
    Lots of good stuff in that episode, but...

Come On!!! The poker game was ridiculous! Obviously the writers of this show don't actually play poker. You can only bet as much as your opponents have in from of them - it's called table stakes. Otherwise, Bill Gates would win every poker game! He certainly can raise the pot, but only to keep anyone else from staying in.

A much more realistic scenario would have been C-note betting first and going "all-in", scaring "Jesus" out of the pot. Or, the could have had C-note calling the bet, and find out that "Jesus" was bluffing too, but C-note just barely beats him. They could have even kept the episode title the same!

I always figured there was something up with the lawyer, but now we know he working for somebody nefarious. He can't be working with the Secret Service, but maybe for the "company"?

So did Michael lie to Haywire about some of the details of the plan? It looks like Haywire is not smarter than Michael after all! :p

I knew that when Link got approved for the visit with his kid that someone would try to kill him. Like the Pope said, no laywer is that good.

As soon as I saw Secret Agent Paul in the preview, I knew that he was the one driving the truck that smashed into the van.

18. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    I've been assuming that it's not A company, it's The company. The one based in Langley.

And yeah it could be someone else. I don't recall ever seeing that guy before.

19. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    That's what I was thinking. I knew that was the case in no-limit hold-em, but for other games I've only ever played friendly games so such an issue never really came up, and I didn't know if house rules like that were common.

But now that I think about it, it seems like no TV or movie writers are aware of this. Cowboys were always putting their guns and watches and stuff on the table to call bets when they were short on chips (or cash). There was an episode of Friends where Ross had to borrow money from Joey or Chandler to call Rachel's bet (and he let her win the big pot when he had her beat).

20. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    No offense, but if this is the only such thing that bugged you about this week or any week of prison break, you should probably pay more attention. What about the fact that they didn't check under michael's tongue or the fact that the same guy kept vomitting in the same place a few moments after taking medication?

At least a hundred times the warden has been left alone with prisoners who have committed violent crimes, including one on death row. Same for the doctor. Prisoners have been allowed access to secure areas with potentially dangerous items about as often, or at least the ability to steal things of relatively high value. Worst of all perhaps, Prisoners are allowed to run the kitchen, with knives and everything (as pointed out in this episode).

In short, there is little in this show that is believable in terms of what people are allowed to do. Try to relax and enjoy it. At least the characters are somewhat believable.