Prison Break 4/2/07 "SONA"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Shaunnick, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Apr 2, 2007 #1 of 87
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Advertisements

WOW!

Well, I guess they decided to silence everyone who wanted to know why the show would still be called Prison Break and those who wondered how they could do a third season. I knew Sona had to be something that we wouldn't expect, but I of course never saw another prison coming.

Great episode. :up: :up:

2. Apr 2, 2007 #2 of 87
    Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    Great episode?!??! Seriously?!??!?

I am rewatching it now to see if we can see Fonzie and the shark tanks. ;)

3. Apr 2, 2007 #3 of 87
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    It looks like they filmed half the episode, got the note that they were being renewed, and then shot the stuff with Sara and Michael to lead the viewers on to another season. The ideal ending would have been a shot of Sara, Michael, and Linc going into the sunset, Kim bleeding out on the floor, and Mahone going into prison. T-Bag dies of infection or something. Roll credits. End show.

Too bad Kellerman was offed. He was pretty darn amusing at times.

4. Apr 2, 2007 #4 of 87
    terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Somewhat agree with ElJay above in that it seemed a lot like they were planning this episode to be the series finale, the wrap up to everything, etc.

That last segment or two (approximately 15 - 20 minutes) seemed like the part that was going to wrap up things with Sucre and Maricruz, but instead that was left hanging.

Michael winding up in the Panamanian prison does set up nicely for next season, and there was already the question of what was going to happen with C-Note, and the now big cliff-hanger over Sucre and Maricruz, but it does seem a lot like this is just stretching the show out to a point of shark-i-ness.

5. Apr 2, 2007 #5 of 87
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...

Advertisements

Big question, what was the chanting or whatever in the prison at the very end?

def a "oh crap, we need to make a 3rd season?" last 15 min

6. Apr 2, 2007 #6 of 87
    Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    So many questions!

Who was T-bag working with and how did that all get set up? Did they contact him and if so, how? How in the heck did Sarah find that boat? Is Kellerman back with the company?

Bellick at the end! :eek:

7. Apr 2, 2007 #7 of 87
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    So why does the Company want Michael there? And seem to want him to break out? I presume he's supposed to take someone with him?

8. Apr 2, 2007 #8 of 87
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Was that whole restricted area thing part of the company? I got the feeling it was a different group.

9. Apr 2, 2007 #9 of 87
    Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Seemed military related since bald guy was given a salute by a guard, and he returned it.

10. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    "We gotta get outta here!" and they run away from the boat.

Get bent, PB.

11. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    yeah, I thought they were going to run, get the money, then run back to the boat

12. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    What a weird ending to season 2. The Long Island research base (on a fake island, I might add - they weren't allowed to use the real one, I guess) at the end made me think the show took a Sci-Fi twist, and I'm not sure I'll stick around for all of season 3.

Here's what we were left with:

- Several characters traded a US Prison for a Panamanian prison
    - Mahone and Michael are in SONA
    - someone who LOOKED like a beaten and bruised (and used) Bellick was lying on the SONA prison hallway floor
    - T-Bag is probably going to be transferred to SONA any minute
    - Sara is wandering down the street with the thin Company Man trailing her
    - Sucre collapsed in the street, down 3+ pints of blood
    - Kellerman is dead (or IS he?)
    - Linc gets off free
    - there's 5 million $US lying under the boat

Do I care enough to come back? Just enough to see what twists they throw at us.

Two things I want to know: How did Sara find the boat in Panama? And ... for all the time the boys have been on the run, who has been giving Linc and Michael their haircuts?

13. bqmeister

bqmeister New Member

May 12, 2006
    I'll tune in next season. I doubt I'll be able to convince my wife to join me. The last 5 or 6 episodes she kept saying "it's not over YET?".

I'll stick around for awhile, but I did stop watching Alias after about 3 or 4 shows of the last season, having never missed any of the previous episodes, so it's possible I may bail on this.

But I'm planning to be back for the season premiere for sure.

14. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Wow, I really liked the last couple of episodes. I got that bleh feeling about halfway through the season but I really feel like they have picked up the pace and gotten better toward the end of this season. Oh well, hope to see you all next year.

15. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    They've focused on SONA for a few eps so it had to mean something.

I doubt Kellerman is dead, he may even have ended up working for the company to get Michael even more setup in Sona :) He's definitely the big surprise return next year.

So why did the company, or whoever it is, want Michael in prison so he could break out, is there someone in there they need out ? How will Michael get his tats for this prison, or will that be Lincoln :up:

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That whole thing made no sense.
    You've still got men with guns on your tail and yet you stand there jawing on the boat, allowing Kim to catch up.:confused: :confused:

Then not to use said boat to make an escape when you hear the cops coming?
    (With or without the money.):confused: :confused:

That's really straaaiiiiining my suspension of disbelief.

ETA
    And Sara's statements to the Panamanian Police wouldn't free Michael?

17. TiVaholic

TiVaholic Not 12 anymore

Nov 29, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Never thought I'd say it, but

BURN IN HELL, FOX FOR RENEWING A SHOW.

It was originally written for 2 seasons. Couldn't they have let it end on a high note and wrapped it up here? Noo...milk it till there's nothing left, that's what they'll do.

18. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    That was a terrible episode.

19. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I thought the same thing when Alex was *trying* to take the (other) boat to get away. Police are right on top of him; he's trying to untie the boat to get away. If he'd been successful, the police would have been dockside, with Alex able to wave at them as his boat putt-putts out of the harbor.

The police wouldnt/couldn't just tell some local patrol boat or whatever to intercept?

20. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah... That was quite lame. It reminds me of Bellick yelling "STOP!!" to an unsuspecting Haywire from a half mile away.