Prison Break 10/31/2005 (S01E09) "Tweener"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 31, 2005.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

I have secret fantasies about pulling the pants down of someone who wears their pants around their butt, leaving their underwear showing.

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Decent episode. All kinda bitter sweet since there will only be a few more eps for a few months :(

3. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Pretty cool episode, has any bit of his plan not been jeoperdized?

4. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Best line of the episode: "You think he found the hole?"

5. BoobTube

BoobTube New Member

Dec 6, 2004

Advertisements

Unfortunately an unexpected double episode of Medium tonight screwed up my Prison Break recording, so I missed tonights episode. Any chance of this re-running anytme soon?

6. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    They had been running the previous weeks episode in the 8pm ET timeslot just prior to the current weeks episode, but next week they've got some sort of Arrested Development special there instead.

Your best bet is probably dowloading it via BitTorrent; it ought to be available in the next 6 or 8 hours.

7. BoobTube

BoobTube New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Thanks for the suggestion!

8. Nov 1, 2005 #8 of 59
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Interesting ep. I was glad that Veronica caught onto what LJ was saying and didn't lead him into a trap. When she was telling him where to go, I thought for sure he was toast.

We saw a quick shot of the phone that said LJ was sending the picture but then he got an incoming call from Lincoln. Later, we find out he ditched the phone. Do we think that the picture actually got sent or did the incoming call disrupt it? If he did send it, who did he send it to?

Why did we see the bearded black guy following them around and watching them dump the bits of concrete? It seems they always foreshadow stuff on this show but then fail to follow through. It would work fine if it were a movie and you had plenty of time to develop the plot, but in a TV show, that kind of foreshadowing needs to lead to something in that same episode or people won't remember it later and it won't have the intended effect. It doesn't have to be the black guy confronting anyone, but even just a final shot of him picking up another piece of concrete and eyeing Michael would have been enough to let us know that they didn't forget about that.

9. Nov 1, 2005 #9 of 59
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey guys-I noticed something cool tonight. I wrote about it over at my blog tvtalkpodcast.com but here's the recap of it. When LJ sends that picture from his phone to his email, the email address is onscreen for several seconds-so I sent an email to it and here's the reponse I got back....

Subject: Re: Prison Break
    Date: October 31, 2005 11:25:55 PM PST
    To: tvtalk@gmail.com

Hey, how's it going? I know what a long time it's been since the last time I talked to you so I just wanted to write back and ask how's your dad, your mom? I'm on a boat sailing but I'm, looking forward to being home and safe, back in a harbor.

Someone asked me the other day if I remembered what steady land felt like under my legs . I don't, but I'm sure you do! There's no need to worry, I'll be back in the states soon. But I'm enjoying the time I have here in another part of the world. A few days ago we were off the coast of Costa Rica and you wouldn't believe how many dolphins there were about, all over the water! For me, it was a life changing experience.

I hope things with you are good, and that your luck, as always is unchanged. Be sure to remember that I, and everyone else here thinks about your love, and you, every day!

L.J.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powered by http://www.IGN.com

Daily coverage of games, gear, movies, and music. Visit today.

So what the hell does this mean? Is there some kind of message hidden in there? Will I be getting any more emails from LJ? This could be interesting....anyway, I'm going to keep everyone updated about what I get back from LJ on my site, so check it out....

10. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    It looked to me like he sent it to himself.

I don't know if the email would be formatted correctly but maybe there's a message in the last word on each line, just like they used to get a message to his dad?

11. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    There are a few shows this season working like this: Lost, Prison Break, Invasion, Threshold, Surface...

We see now that the supply guy (bearded guy) will be stirring up trouble.

With a huge story arc, they can't resolve every single issue. This isn't a 'Three's Company' episode. The individual episodes don't stand alone.

I guess you aren't watching Lost, it is much worse about showing some problem and maybe never resolving the issue.

12. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    In addition to the guy seeing the pieces of concrete they were dumping in the yard*, there was someone eavesdropping in the chapel when Schofield was talking to his brother. They didn't say anything too specific, but talk of "getting out of here" is pretty incriminating.

*I took the tour of Alcatraz a few years back, and the criminals who managed to escape did get rid of the rubble from the hole they were digging by dropping it in the yard. They were even more crafty, dropping it through holes in their pocket and down their pants legs.

13. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...
    Is it possible the email address was just a coincidence? I don't know what IGN would have to do with network tv... perhaps that email address belongs to another LJ, and they just made up an address, but it ended up being a live address?

I know, odds are slim, but... I'm not sure that email seems like it's related to the show at all... unless in upcoming episodes LJ takes off sailing to get away from it all. Hmm... perhaps the whole family of guys sail off into the sunset after getting out of prison?

14. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    How randomly observant do you have to be to see them dropping little rocks on the ground?

Shawshank Redemption had him rigging a rope in his pants that had them dump when he pulled, rather than making the actual dropping motion.

15. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    I can't imagine a network just throwing an e-mail out there not knowing if it belonged to anyone. If anything, they would make up a fake domain for it.

I think that e-mail is attached to the show and the reply may give us some clues for how things will end.

16. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I just e-mailed LJ as well and almost immediately got the same response.

17. sbc44

sbc44 stev0

Sep 7, 2003
    Thomasville, GA
    News Corp owns Fox and IGN, i don't think theres any real significance to them using that domain other than that.

18. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    Ditto

19. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I too, missed this episode. ARG. I've had no luck with bit torrent (computer issues on my end)

20. canyonero!

canyonero! Weak. Powerful Weak

Apr 24, 2002
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nah, the rope in Shawshank was only for his escape. He tied the bag of evidence and clothes to his leg with the rope. He got rid of the stones the exact same way the Alcatraz guys did: holes in pockets.

Another good episode, even with all the reality distorting stuff. Secret Service can trace and tap his cell, but can't read incoming text messages? Also, I'm sure they could either recover the text message (if LJ deleted it) or go back to the wireless company to read the transmission. Oh, and good thing that Officer Of the Month board fit perfectly into the hole. ;)

Not complaining, just things I noticed. Still really enjoy the show.