Print-out (list)

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Lenonn, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    Here's a possibly insane suggestion: I'd like (either via TiVo Desktop or from the TiVo itself) the ability to print out (via a networked printed) a list of all items in Now Playing. I accidentally permanently erased a lot of items from my Series 2 (don't ask), and I realized how nice it would be to have a backup list of what was on the TiVo (particular if it included subdivisions such as episode title, record date, et al. Writing it all down (especially since my brother upgraded the hard drive, and we can fits hundreds of hours worth of items) is time prohibitive (and would kill a person's arm).

2. jblake

jblake New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
  3. KelDez

KelDez New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    This would also be great for me. I'm looking to print not only the Now Playing list but also the To Do list. However, the link you give does not work for me. I have a S2. I'm assuming that "tivo:" is the IP address of the Tivo you're trying to connect to on your network, and YOURMAK is the Media Access Key, being used as the username. The only part I don't get is "tivoip", which would be the password. What is it using for a password?

4. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    You assume wrong. 'tivo:' is the string 'tivo:', YOURMAK is the Media Access Key, and 'tivoip' is the IP of your TiVo.

That's the URL format http://username:password@site/

Username: tivo
    Password: MAK

5. KelDez

KelDez New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Thanks. I actually did get it to work, although not quite as you describe. But now I can get my Now Playing list and print it! Great!

Any tips on getting to the To Do List, so I can print that too?

6. mitch2k2

mitch2k2 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    That doesn't show your Season Passes, by any chance, does it?

UPDATE: never mind. that's the familiar web interface. for some reason i thought you were talking about something else.

7. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Sorry, no known way to get to that on an unhacked box.