Print entire thread?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by scooterboy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I understand that there is a forum software add-on that will enable printing an entire thread. Any chance we could get that feature? Thanks!

2. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I'll second that request. It would be a nice feature.

And to clarify print an entire thread in a printer-friendly format.

3. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    David has been putting off upgrading to the newest version of Xenforo because a lot of things will change and some of you are, um, resistant to change and unnecessarily vocal about it. :)

Third party plugins tend to fail in upgrades because they're built for the current version so I highly doubt any new ones will be installed until we get upgraded.

4. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    We resemble that remark!

5. Mike Lang

Nov 17, 1999
    There you have it! Eddy is why we can't have nice things. :(

6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I'm surprised XenForo doesn't have that functionality built in since vBulletin did.

7. Mike Lang

Nov 17, 1999
    vB had it for back in the dial up AOL days. People would rather send a long thread to the dot matrix printer than tie up the phone line. :cool:

8. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    Theoretically this could all be done at the theme / template level as well with a print stylesheet instead of a third party add on. However, if an upgrade is in the works within the next year It would be worth holding off and just adding it into the theme after the upgrade.

I have upgraded a XenForo Community from 1.5 to 2.1 in the past year. And the biggest gripe everyone had was the notifications / alerts. They no longer drop down on hover and you have to click on them. Adding back the auto drop down would require custom coding as it's no longer built in.