Primeval on BBCAmerica

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Ken Raeburn, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ken Raeburn

Ken Raeburn Just some guy

Jan 10, 2002
    Somerville, MA
    Guide data says the original air date was back in May. So tonight's season premiere and next week's episode aren't caught by my first-run-only season pass.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yep, I just stumbled on this tonight midway through the ep.

The episode numbers are very entertaining as well.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    The original air dates are most likely from when they first aired in the U.K.

4. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I missed it, but it's reairing next weekend.

What's odd is that there is no original air date listed for it. Historically though BBCA does use the OAD are for the UK airing.

Is there a way to set up a Season Pass such that it records only the "new" episodes (which it doesn't know are new)?

5. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    I would be the one that posted it. I have so many season passes I also end them when a season is over.

Some do not show up on tivo, so I check here and now I have Entertainment Mag, I use that also to check for new shows or returning one.

Right now I have 60 season passes.

6. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    I don't see the logic of that. An inactive season pass is not (measurably) going to impact performance. But a removed season pass is one more thing for you to remember, if you want to watch the next season. And the TiVo is better at remembering than you are. :)

Not so many.

7. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    I figure if I don't remove them when they are over then other series that I set to record as a season pass might get bumped by a season pass that is over.

8. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    That's one reason why you have the First-Run Only option. Set that, and the Season Pass will never record a rerun.

9. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Unless the program ends up with generic data (i.e. no episode title) in which case it will record. Certain programs have this happen quite often, such as The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Simpsons, etc.

10. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    True. Well, if that's a concern, just reorder the season passes so that the inactive ones are low-priority. That's still probably better than deleting them...