PRIMEVAL fans... No DVD for series 5 here in the States?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gastrof, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Looks like Amazon only has Blu-Ray discs.

Amazon UK has DVDs, but they're in PAL format, and I'm not sure my player will be able to handle them. (Supposedly some DVDs don't like it when a recorder is hacked to "Region 0". And then there's the shipping from there...)

If anyone knows a source for DVD sets of series 5 in Region 1, please let me know.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The US DVD releases have been a little strange. "Volume 1" had the first two seasons, and "Volume 2" was Season 3. They now are showing "Volume 3" for January, but it has the description for "Volume 2." I suspect it will contain Seasons 4 & 5, but don't know for sure yet.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    This show is so much better than the other time-travelling show with all the dinosaurs.

4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Even if you could modify the player to read all regions, not all North American DVD players would read them. I have Region 0 PAL DVDs (a R0 disc can be played on any region's DVD players), but my Sony DVD players won't read them (although they read Region 0 NTSC DVDs just fine).

5. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    So this Series is done? And they are moving onto a Canadian one?

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That sounds good. Usually it's the other way around. For me, I stopped using DVDs six years ago in anticipation of Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. So it's nice for title to be available in BD and not DVD for once.

7. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Everything I've read seems to indicate they don't know. It apparently depends on how the re-runs of it do on some other British channel along with DVD sales. The writers did write the season as a potential series finale, and, without spoilering anything, I'd say they did a decent job of wrapping it up while lso leaving it open for another season.