Price per month for multiple Tivo's

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by roscoedarling, Oct 15, 2011.

1. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I currently use a Series 3 HD Tivo and pay $12.95 per month. I'm thinking of adding a second Tivo (most likely a series 2 unit) and I was wondering if the price per month for the series 2 would be less than $12.95. Is the price for a second Tivo less than if you only have one?

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    TiVo offers something called multi service discount (MSD), however if you are really going to buy an old Series 2 TiVo look around until you find one with lifetime service - it should still be less than $150. No reason to buy a Series 2 and then put monthly on it.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You should be able to pay $9.95 per month for any Series 1, 2, or 3 TiVo as long as you're eligible for the Multi-Set-Discount (MSD). Continuing to pay the full price of $12.95 per month on the one you already have is what makes you eligible.

You might see if you can find a lifetimed S2, which would then become the MSD qualifier, and ask them to lower the monthly on the S3 to $9.95