Price is Right fans Unite!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Marc, May 10, 2007.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA

Advertisements

I'm Marc, and I'm a Price is Right fan. I'm going to the Vegas version of the show when I'm there in mid-July.

I watch the Price is Right every day, mostly on fast-forward to watch the various games they have. I'm always disappointed by the contestants who don't know how to win at some of the games where one could be guaranteed to win if one knows what one is doing.

In Twenty-One (the Blackjack game), you'd think that a contestant should be able to figure out that the only price up there that is multiplied by 10 is the only one whose price ends with a zero.

Does anyone else have any favorite games from the Price is Right?

2. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Plinko :)

Seriously, I don't think I've watched since I've had summers off when I was in grade school or middle school.

3. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    I think it is called "Any Number"

The one where the contestant has to ask the ladies if they have one number right, wait for the horn to blow...and hope they get to ladies do I have ALL 5 numbers right and pray for that horn.

4. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    Although the prizes are always weak, unless you get really nervous, nobody should ever lose at "The Clock Game"

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

I think Mountain Climber has to be the easiest. It seems like if you just guess 15, 25, 35, or 20, 30, 40, you'll automatically win.

6. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Another Plinko fan here.

When I was down in florida when I was a child , my family went to see the Price is Right and Lets Make a Deal... My brother got to do Lets Make a Deal and walked away with NOTHING!

7. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    When did taping of Price is Right move from Studio City on the CBS lot (in Los Angeles) to Florida or was that a special taping?

When I would spend summers with my grandmother in Orlando, Price is Right would be a daily watching for me. Great times. In the last 10 years, I think I might have seen the show 10 times.

Gameshows seem to have been dying a slow death over the last 15 years, I think. GSN keeps the classics (and not so classics) alive but Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are the only game shows that have much appeal for me anymore. That's not to say I wouldn't have great fun being a constestant on Price is Right.

8. ejasons

ejasons New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Beaverton,...
    Not even Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco Treat?

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    That one is called "One Away".

I saw a contestant playing that game and he only had one number right. Since it was obviously the first digit, he did just as well as getting all five right.

This site has a list of all the pricing games they've played on the show.

10. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    Thanks Marc

I also love Plinko :)

11. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I like Punch a Bunch and Hole in One when Bob says, "You don't just have a hole in one but a hole in two!"

What's the one where he shakes up the golf back with the...forget it, It's 3 Strikes..lol... :p

12. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I like the one where you roll a die, and then you have to say higher or lower for that number. It's for a car.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    I'm pretty sure that Plinko would win any popularity contest.

I don't watch as much as I used to...I also enjoy Punch A Bunch and Pathfinder.

14. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    That's the dice game. I always say you can cheat with that game, if you roll one everytime and just say Higher......

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    well that's easier said than done :)

16. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I fondly recall watching every summer growing up. About middle-school age.

A few years ago at the Socaliente Meet we all went to a taping. It was lilke a dream come true! I'm really glad I got to see Bob Barker in action before his retirement.

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Were there any snazzy homemade t-shirts involved?

18. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Was his well-dressed son there?

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    One word of advice... if you should get called down to play, don't bid $420 over and over again, it's already been done. :D

20. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...