preventing recording 3 minute recaps

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Sylvia Caras, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sylvia Caras

Sylvia Caras New Member

Jul 16, 2012

Advertisements

I know how to use thumbs down on a Wish List to narrow recorded results.

But I don't know how to stop the 3 minute recaps for two programs for which I have a season pass. It's disappointing to think there's an episode and it's not. So far only two S P programs are doing this, but ...

I guess I could convert to Wish Lists and exclude - the only selector for Season Pass that I use is 'new', and the recaps are 'new' ...

Sylvia

2. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Don't know if you can.what's wrong with the wishlist way? I do that for a lot of shows

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    FX does has those annoying 3-minute replays and, as far as I know, the only way to avoid recording them is, like you mentioned, switching to a wishlist :(

So far thought I've just been ignoring them, or deleting them out of the todo list.

4. xdreamwalker

xdreamwalker Crazy TiVo Fan

Jul 13, 2005
    When I see those from FX I just get annoyed for a second and delete them. I'd rather keep the Season Pass and delete the 3 minute recap then go to a wishlist.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

you could do a wishlist EXCLUDING the word recap or something that shows up only in those ones.

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Given that they take up only three minutes worth of recording space and actually include "three minute replay" in the title, I either just delete them from the to do list when I notice them, or delete the recordings from the play list. I am aware that they'll show up and don't sweat it to much when they do.

Can't help you with an easy way to avoid them, sorry.

7. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I used to do that, till the 1st recording of the "Full Hour" show was after the 3 minute recording, all I got was the 3 minute recording. Wishlist -3 minute replay done and over with no problems.

8. Apr 5, 2013 #8 of 15
    rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    An example from my wishlist is Justified. I have Title Keybords with two keywords: the first is set to JUSTIFIED, the second is set to -THREE MINUTE REPLAY. I also have Actor set to OLYPHANT, TIMOTHY so I don;t end up auto-recording some move with Justified in the title.

So far it's worked perfectly.

9. Apr 6, 2013 #9 of 15
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    This...MUCH better than going to a WL....

10. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    This

Much easier than getting annoyed for split second.... :)

Make auto-record it's same as season pass

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It just doesn't feel right.:)

12. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    This is my method. Two reasons for using a ARWL as opposed to SP. 1) I am not annoyed by the SP recording a 3 minute recap of an episode I've already seen. 2) No other recordings that I want to see are clipped/not recorded because of the annoying 3 minute replay.

Yes, it's a little more work to set up the ARWL than the SP, but it's just another minute or two of time. I've use(d) it for Sons of Anarchy, Justified, and Rescue Me.

13. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    For me the only issue with WL is that they don't show up on the website. Once you put together a few they are amazingly simple and powerful.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    ...or on the mobile apps...

15. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    My WL show up in SPM on my android app