Presidents Sale

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Grace312, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Grace312

Grace312 New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    I have a 6 year old Roamio OTA and a $14.00 monthly fee. I’m tempted to buy the Bolt OTA or Bolt Vox during the presidents sale and take the annual fee of $69.00 or the all in $249.99 plan. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. vaquero

vaquero Active Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Or, if you're happy with a Roamio, you could just buy the Roamio OTA outright with All In Service for $340. | TiVo

jrtroo and Mikeguy like this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I 100% agree with @vaquero. You may be able to get All-In on your box for $199. 6 years old. That's nice. I would remove the lid and blow the dust out.

gigaquad likes this.
  4. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    A lot of folks *myself included think of the bolt as a downgrade from the roamio. Search "roamio upgrade to bolt" and you'll see a ton of reasons to keep your roamio. But if you just want the new look and can live with the limitations, then go for it.

5. Grace312

Grace312 New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    I own the Roamio so no problem there. I can buy a new remote and update the plan and be happy. Thanks for the input, you saved me a bundle.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    You mean, telephone TiVo customer service and see what nice deal on Lifetime they may throw your way, after 6 years at $14/month ($1,008)?

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I did the math too. Sad.

Mikeguy likes this.
  8. Grace312

Grace312 New Member

Feb 19, 2020
    I called Tivo and customer support says I have had the Roamio in a plan for 4 years, ok, still a long time. The all in plan would be $550.00. The annual plan would be $129.00. The agent tried to sell me the Vox under the current presidents sale. The box, remote, and all in plan would be $400.00. Needless to say I said thanks for the info and did nothing. With that info should I keep with the status quo or buy either the new Bolt OTA or the Vox? Thanks for your input, and I don’t mind the criticism at all.

9. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Personally, I would play a bit of customer service rep. roulette (which often is done) and call back, and see what happens.

I would emphasize what a good and loyal TiVo customer you have been, noting the $14/month you are paying in on-going subscription fees and the more than $1,000 you have paid in fees over the past 6 years. And see if they offer you something. If not, you can raise that you have heard, including here, that TiVo has provided a loyalty-level-like Lifetime offer to other customers who have been TiVo users for much shorter periods of time and who have paid much less in subscription fees. And if push comes to shove, you might mention the $199 figure for that--but I believe that I also have heard $99 mentioned here as well, which you might want to mention.

I have had good luck with TiVo in noting my loyalty to it, in terms of time, $ expenditures, and amount of equipment. Work it. :)

jrtroo, JoeKustra and trip1eX like this.
  10. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    you could go on Ebay and get a used Roamio OTA with lifetime for under $300. Looks like the going rate is a bit less than that even. One with a Vox remote went for $243 recently.

And then could use your Roamio OTA for spare parts in case you ever needed a new power supply or hard drive.

Right now there is a 10% off coupon on Ebay. TENOFFNOW. It might not work for everyone.

Mikeguy likes this.
  11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The $99 works for a Premiere. I just did it a few months ago.

12. vaquero

vaquero Active Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Like I said before, if you like the Roamio, just buy a new one for $340 including the All In. Why would anyone pay $550 for All In on an old Roamio when they can get a new (Refurbished anyway) one for $340? | TiVo

jrtroo likes this.