Preroll Ads and TiVo Product Offerings

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Crusin, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Crusin

Crusin New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    I hate the direction TiVo is taking to annoy users with preroll ads and TiVo product offering messages at startup. What makes it worse is that users must call to opt-out of preroll ads and cannot opt-out of TiVo product offering messages. We pay for TiVo services. TiVo has proven to be customer friendly in the past by offering great customer service and features like commercial skip to stop users from having to watch endless commercials. Why then do they jam preroll ads and TiVo product offerings down our throats. STOP IT!

mrsean likes this.
  2. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    If anyone should be blamed it's is me MR Brain. I'm on the board of trustees and a MAJOR stock holder. I had the idea years ago to insert TiVo's own ads into recording. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long. We can all agree that there is no such thing as TiVo having to much money in their treasure trove.

3. Crusin

Crusin New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Congratulations on your victory!

4. denhearn

denhearn Fishing fool

Mar 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Irritating feature! How do we opt-out of preroll ads?

5. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Call customer service and insist you be opted-out. When they read their script about how you can just fast-forward through the ads, tell them that doesn't work (which will happen to you eventually if it hasn't already). Then they should promise the ads will be gone within 72 hours. You'll probably have to force a service connection to see the result. Good luck!

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    It's an attempt to become profitable.