Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rybx, Jul 5, 2013.
The 746 drive won't work in a 748.
thank you @ggieseke, hopefully this will work on my mac w/vmware or something
Hmmm, the image installed perfectly but Im getting stuck on getting connected through the initial guided setup,
getting Connected: failed while configuring with N18 error message on the following screen.
I see the same issue in the DVRBars thread. Does anyone have an image that works correctly?
That could be a problem with the servers at TiVo, or even somewhere on the internet between you and TiVo. Here's an old thread where something at Comcast got misconfigured and people had to change the MTU setting on their router as a workaround.
Unable to connect to Tivo- Error N18
I wish... Other tivos in the household have no problems. the "problem" Tivo just connected to the servers 2 days ago before I decided to wipe it out.
Here is the timeline:
- I use my Premier XL only in the basement to connect to SlingBox so I can watch shows on my extensive travels.
It connects to my main Bolt box just to stream shows off it via SlingBox to wherever I am traveling.
- I accidentally deleted Bold from Premier XL as a device it connects to, and thought that "clear and delete everything" would fix it.
- As others have mentioned, I now have the P-XL in a loop trying to delete everything with no way to get out of the loop.
- This is why I decided to wipe / re-image the P-XL
- And now, this is what's happening, i.e. can't get passed the Guided Setup screen.
The HDD has never had issues and has been checked via SMART kick start codes and all tests passed.
thank you for your help.
Success! I was able to bring the Premier back to life with this image:
Jan 8, 2020
could i get a copy of the tcd 748000 my hard drive crashed also ,but ordered a new one and prepping for repair ,, thank you to anyone who can help..
check my previous message and click on the link. The image above worked for me a week ago.