Premiere XL loses it all

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by redthumb, May 22, 2011.

1. redthumb

redthumb New Member

May 29, 2003
    After multiple lockups this week my XL has lost access to all menus except the top menu. Lost internet connection, nothing listed in My Shows, selections at Settings & Messages just bounces back to TiVo Central, no Season Passes, everything is gone. Rebooted several times with no luck.

2. Monty2_2001

Monty2_2001 New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    There's a known issue going on right now, I just got off with support. Hit thumbs down, thumbs up, then pause.. in order. That'll switch it to the SD menus. They said hopefully tomorrow it'll be back up. Everything's still there in SD. Be sure to do the commands above in the tivo central view. They're gonna get slammed on this I bet.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Wonderful. Did you guys already have the 14.8 update?

4. Monty2_2001

Monty2_2001 New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    I did, yep. I wasn't aware I even have it, but I do. The support person said it was done earlier last week. It was working last night and they said it's some weird problem on their end. I wonder if it is only affecting 14.8's though, cause I'd imagine we'd be getting a lot more posts if this was widespread.

It's a nasty thing too, completely unresponsive in HD mode. I was dreading RMA'ing it more than losing my stuff. Apparently that won't be needed though.

5. Monty2_2001

Monty2_2001 New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Update, I ran a manual connect in SD mode, switched back to HD, it's working now.

6. redthumb

redthumb New Member

May 29, 2003
    Got mine back up and everything's there. I left it off for about 20 minutes and then I restarted it. Switched to SD mode but I like HD better if it will be stable.