premiere to pc streaming?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by herbman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. herbman

herbman Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Has anyone figured out enough yet about the new premiere streaming to see if something on a PC can latch onto it for playback or to turn it into something more standard like an RTP stream?

Short of that, is the premiere fast enough to transfer at a watchable speed?

*edit* duh, just saw the other post. sorry!

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    The Premiere can transfer much faster than real time. And AFAIK, transfer is the exact same speed as streaming, since the same data is moved (no reencoding takes place). The advantages of streaming are CCI immunity and non-consumption of disk space, not speed.

3. lawdawg

lawdawg New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    So I did a quick read through of the links in your signature wmcbrine, and they seem to be geared towards streaming videos TO the TiVo. Is there anything like ccxstream still around that would allow me to stream video from my TiVo premiere to my PC or XBMC? I would really like to watch what I have recorded on my TiVo on my hacked AppleTV2 using XMBC.

Thanks,

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    For that, you will need to transfer (not stream) the content to an external device. Galleon, pyTivo, any old web browser, or (if you must) TiVoDesktop can all transfer non-protected videos from the Premier to an external device. Since you have a Premier, if your CATV provider protects the content, then there is nothing you can do about it unless you want to copy the content from the component output using something like a Hauppage HD capture device.