Premiere Skipping Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by SDNick484, Jan 4, 2012.

1. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    This week my Tivo Premiere has failed to record at least two shows despite not having a competing recording at the same time (also I was not using the TV at the recording times). The two separate shows which failed have separate season passes and have been recording without issues since I added the season passes around October. I'm not sure which update I'm on (can't seem to see it from tivo.com, so I'll check when I get home), but I was wondering if there are any known bugs which may cause this? Over the weekend I swapped out my AV receiver and remote, but I don't believe that would relate to this issue. When going to the show in the Season Pass manager, I can see upcoming episodes.

At the time of the first show being recorded, another recording was going on, but the other tuner should have been free (and in fact tuned to the correct channel as I also record the show before it).

Any ideas?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    What reason does it give for not recording the shows?

3. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Are the SP's set to First Run Only? Pretty much everything on the past few weeks has been repeats.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    What does "Recording History" show as the reason they didn't record? That's always the first place to look for when recordings go missing.

5. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Wow, thanks for the quick replies:

1. I wasn't aware that I could look up why a show didn't record in Recording History (which is sad because I've had a Tivo since 2002...) -- I will definitely check this tonight.
    2. Both shows which failed to record are set to repeats & first runs. One show was a new episode, the other was a repeat.

6. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    You should also be able to check to see if the episodes were in the guide. If the guide was wrong, that would be another reason for the failure to record.

7. wmhjr

wmhjr Guest

Dec 1, 2007
    Agreed. While it has gotten better in the past few weeks, I have to say that a couple months ago I had a large number of times where the Tivo guide was just plain wrong. Zap2it and other sites showed correct data, the Verizon guide showed correct data, and in a couple cases my (free) Verizon DVR properly recorded while the Tivo did not. Let's face it, this isn't unheard of with Tivo. BTW, my Tivos had been routinely making connections so it wasn't that data was not being updated. Honestly, I don't even waste my time letting Tivo know any more because it seems like it just isn't worth it.