Premiere Remote And Two TiVos

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TomTech, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TomTech

TomTech New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    I Just setup a Premiere after owning a 'Series 2' for 5 years. Currently I need both operating in close quarters.

I figured how to program the 'Series 2' remote (with the '1-2' switch) to separate the TiVos; but I cannot locate how to program the Premiere Remote to ignore the 'Series 2' TiVo. I only want it to trigger the Premiere TiVo.

My Premiere Remote is NOT the XL type that learns. And, of course, it has no '1-2' switch.

Thanks for any help...

Tom

2. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    This is how it works with the older models, I am not sure if it works with the Premiere:

1. MENU> MESSAGES & SETUP> SYSTEM INFO

2. scroll down to REMOTE ADDRESS

3. point the remote away from the receiver, press and hold PAUSE & TIVO(or DIRECTV key) until the red light remains on

4. press one of the #'s on the remote between 1-9( or if a Sony 1-3), that changes the remote to a new address.

5. now point the remote towards the receiver, press the right directional button, this changes the receiver.

Never leave one tivo on any part of the INFO screen, when using remote for another, it will change to that remotes address.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It works the same way with the premiere remote. It just doesn't have a switch so it will only control 1 TiVo. So you can set your Premiere remote to the same code you used for the Premiere on your S2 remote.

4. PatMcNJ

PatMcNJ Member

May 21, 2006
    THANKS for this info!! I could not find it in the manual. I have the remote that controls 2 tivos, but also have several other Tivo remotes, including one with my new Elite, and the slide keyboard remote. Makes me nuts when one remote controls both Tivos, shows get recorded OR deleted by accident....

5. TomTech

TomTech New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Thanks....Worked Like A Champ