Premiere reboots randomly and repeatedly

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by blueheron, Apr 2, 2016.

1. blueheron

blueheron New Member

Apr 2, 2016

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm new here. I've had my premiere for a long time and never experienced any serious issues. However in the last couple of weeks it has started frequently rebooting for no apparent reason, and has done it several times in the middle of recording a show. It has also complained periodically about no wifi adapter, but then seems to be connecting to the tivo service just fine. The only thing I can think of that's different is that I recently filled the disk to near capacity by recording a series marathon. I have since watched and deleted most of those episodes. I was thinking of completely resetting my system, but discovered that tivo desktop is no longer available and I don't know how to backup my current recordings. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
  3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    The Premiere power supply has a much better reputation than the capacitor plague plagued S2 and S3 models, but it's not impossible that it's starting to give trouble.

Much more likely, however, is that you should start reading up on replacing Premiere hard drives.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
  5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Advertisements

Allow me to suggest never using KS 54 and pulling the drive and using the drive manufacturer's own diagnostic software long test instead (this requires hooking the drive to a PC or maybe a Mac).

And use KS 58 instead of 57.