premiere OTA cuts off shows my directivo didnt

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by newsposter, Jan 21, 2012.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    seems like especially on my thursday night shows i miss the last little bit and i cannot pad because of conflicts...i'm assuming the services use different data or is the premiere just a funny machine

2. Innerloop

Innerloop New Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Marin...
    You were right the first time -competently different guide data providers.

3. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    yeh CBS was doing this earlier in the TV season on mondays also. Shows would end 1 min into the next time slot

4. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    I hate that.

5. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    this is not that..for a 30 min show it's apparently cutting off 15 to 30 seconds earlier...sometimes i do record the next show and see the rest of the show on that 2nd show but not always

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've had no time issues with the Premiere I use for OTA only. Although it's only recording 2 or 3 shows from each of the major networks.

7. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    NBC has done that on Thursdays for years.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It's typically scheduled that way so it's been in the guide data, so the programs haven't cut off.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Umm, nope. 'er' used to start at least a minute early.. then they finally officially started at 9:59.. and it was accurate for a while.

But the sitcoms still were (and are) going past their time slot. As well as CBS Mondays as has been mentioned, but for at least 2 weeks (!!), the CBS ones have not needed post-padding. I hope they keep it up.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    ER was on years ago, I'm talking about the shows we watch now.
    The shows my OTA Premiere records have no padding and when we watch the shows from it, we have not seen them being cut off.

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    One additional thought. DirecTV DVRs often soft-pad by default, unless there is a tuner conflict. And as several posters have noted, some networks/nights are notorious for overrunning their time slots (NBC Thurs is the worst for me). But if you had DirecTV's soft-padding, it's possible you never realized it before. And since TiVo doesn't soft-pad :)down::mad::thumbsdown:), you ARE noticing it now.