premiere issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tsbrewers, Apr 30, 2011.

1. tsbrewers

tsbrewers New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    hey all, probably not going to find much of an answer, but it is killing me. I have had the premiere for just about a year, and have issues the entire time. Right now the major ones are the

-tivo randomly rebooting,
    -rebooting when netflix crashes,
    -random netflix issues like when I start a movie, it doesn't play, I have to go back to the menu and restart it, then it works, this happens pretty much every time,
    -regular tv on the tivo just doesn't work, when I change channels, nothing happens, just black,
    -tivo locks up, the lights light up when I use the remote, but the tivo doesn't do anything,
    -new style menu is unusable, nothing seems to work correctly, freezing, reboots, freezing, etc.
    -really as other have said, it is just a terrible experience.

would I be better off getting rid of it? I still have an HD here that I am not using, or is there actually hope of tivo getting things fixed?

2. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    I'd suggest you run the HDD tests available through the "kickstart" options (search this forum). You could have a failing HDD or power supply. FWIW, the HD menu is a problem for nearly everyone. I suggest that you give the SD menu a go and see if that is more tolerable.

3. tsbrewers

tsbrewers New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I have been using the SD menus for most of the time. The HD menus have been almost unusable (IMHO).

I will check out the kickstart options and see what it comes up with.

Brew

4. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    I have the exact same Netflix issues with my Premiere and have reported it to TiVo but they tell me there is nothing that can be done except a software update. Who knows when one will be released for this issue?

5. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    A forum search will turn up several threads about Netflix issues. The consensus seems to point to using a PS3 to access Netflix until TiVo issues a fix (date unknown).

6. tsbrewers

tsbrewers New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I have got a wii instead, but good enough. I did D/L an amazon movie last night and at first it said I had to wait 11 minutes, but it took 67 minutes before it would allow me to watch it. My internet speeds are 3mbps so that should be good enough.

Brew

7. seant169

seant169 New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    i get sound chopy somtimes at the begining of my Revision 3 show
    Diggnation. THis show is one of the internet downloaded shows.:thumbsdown:

8. DonaldBurns65144

DonaldBurns65144 Member

Jan 10, 2011
    USA
    A couple of times I've had to pull power to get Youtube video playing working again. Search for vid's works, but when attempting to play a selected vid I'm told to check my network connection or to use Tivo.com to turn on feature that's been on since day 1.

HD VI seems to be working (slowly) lately, was really causing spinning green arrow problems some months ago. Perhaps a updated software patch done by Tivo? Don't remember any updates. But still way to slow moving Up/Down through stored programs for a finished product, IMHO. I think the Tivo software is loading the HD VI splash blurb for each stored program in the onscreen listings before scrolling. Would make more sense to scroll first and then just load the downloaded BS for the final program(s) on the screen list. Allow the user to find what screen list that has the listing of interest and then load all the BS that's coming from memory or network. Put less load on the network and allow user to scroll faster. User interface commands have too low of a priority in the software priority interrupts. No sense loading stuff for a program that's not going to be views by the user. Might also stop or reduce the spinning green arrow problems if user commands overrode the existing priority list of things to do.