Premiere Issue Has BrightHouse "Stumped"

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mooreke126, Jun 1, 2011.

1. mooreke126

mooreke126 New Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Hi-searched and have not found an answer on this one for my Premiere. I have had Tivo for over 10 years, various models, always upgrade. Just went from the HD model to a Prem a month ago. Brighthouse installed the M card, worked perfect. Enjoyed great Tivo viewing until 10 days ago. Then lost Showtime, HD channels, music channels, even some local channels. Said I needed a TA to make things work. Well for a day I did get a few HD channels. Now they are all gone. The twist in all of this, my older HD 3 series works like a champ without the TA and the 6 different technicians that have been here can't believe it. that's encouraging. For now I have a Tivo that doesn't do much, and I am tired of hearing from BH to go with their DVR. We have reset and re-married the card so many times I have lost count. Not to mention we are on the third card. I have my 7th visit from BH tomorrow, any ideas.....

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I would 1st disconnect the TA from the Premiere and reboot the Premiere and verify you can then tune same stations as your S3. This will verify the M-card for Premiere is properly paired if it works - if not the problem is the Premiere M-card authorization. At that point then if you reconnect TA and still have issues then the problem is that the TA is not properly authorized.

3. mooreke126

mooreke126 New Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks Moyekj...I tried your suggestion and I think I might have trouble with both the card and TA. I did have improvement when I disconnected the TA. I was able to get my local stations, basic cable, back and the music channels. Showtime and HD stations, other than NBC,CBS and NBC are not working. I will leave the TA off and see what Brighthouse comes up with tomorrow. My HD 3 is still going strong and showing all stations. Thanks again.

4. dugbug

dugbug New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    I have brighthouse premier with a TA and M card. I have had times where the TA refuses to show a channel. Its very rare since the last tivo update, but occasionally I have to reboot. The trick (if I recall) was to keep the TA unplugged until the Tivo is no longer showing static/snow on the TV, then power on the TA.

The problem I suspect was the TA booted so much quicker it went through some kind of timeout. They had to come up together to get in sync.

-d

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I have a Brighthouse TA, but it's connect to my THD XL (with an M-Card), not my Premiere. Usually when something's messed up, the green light on the front of the TA is flashing and not solid. Pulling the plug on the TA and letting it reset usually fixes the problem.

6. dugbug

dugbug New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    that didn't work on for me with my premier (at least in 14.6... I think 14.7 improved things). Man how I wish that worked....