Premiere happiness.

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by PotentiallyCoherent, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PotentiallyCoherent

PotentiallyCoherent Member

Jul 25, 2002
    I received my new Premiere yesterday, Friday, and am very happy with it except that the cable guy hasn't shown up to do the CC install yet. I haven't seen any problems with the slide remote, HD menus, or anything else for that matter. I'm happy.

I'll happily install a 2 terabyte drive Monday when it arrives. I'm also headed to the kitchen to happily fix another drink to sip on while I happily watch my new $49 TiVo.

Y'all have fun too!

2. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Nice!

One suggestion: wait till the CC is installed and working to your satisfaction before doing the HD swap. That way, if there is pairing data stored for the CC on your HD, and your provider is one that pairs the individual CC to the individual device (as most do), it will be stored on the drive in case you ever have to re-install your backup (original) drive if the new one fails.

3. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    This would only apply if he bought base drive and was turning it into a Tivo compatible one himself. If he got one from Weaknees, dvr_dude or others with prepared drives he would be better off doing the swap first.