Premiere Freezing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by PLazovich, Aug 4, 2011.

1. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    My Premiere freezes about 1 every 2 weeks (always has). It will happen at all kinds of times and different situations playback, recording, live TV. Is anyone else having this issue. I do have an external HD connected to it. But it freeze for a moment that go into restart and go through a restart after that works fine until next time. I am not at home to give the software version or etc right now.

Thanks Pat

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I hate to say this since, it being a Premiere so it isn't that old, but this sounds like a drive going bad. Run Kickstart 54 and see what it reports.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If either drive on a TiVo with an external drive goes bad, you will have problems. Unlike a PC, a TiVo spreads its recordings and other storage across both drives. You may have to "divorce" or remove the external drive and see if the behavior still exists. Doing this will remove recordings, so be forewarned.

4. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Thanks I will try the Kickstart 54 and the other things when I am home but why would this be from the time I bought this it has done it? Never thought to call Tivo because I just bought it was a bug in the os.

Pat