Premiere for $6.95 / mo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by shpope, Aug 23, 2011.

1. shpope

shpope New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I currently have a S2 on lifetime and a DTS2 on MSD for $6.95/mo. Is it possible to buy a new Premeire and transfer the $6.95 MSD to the Premiere? I did it when I went from a different S2 to the DT, but I'm not sure if it is possible with a Premiere. Thanks.

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    No, the Premiere is only sold at a loss and only available for specific plans excluding the grandfathered $6.95/month plan. The MSD offered to me on a Premiere when I just checked this morning was $14.95/month.

3. shpope

shpope New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    If I buy a used/eBay'd Premiere can I transfer the $6.95/mo to the Premiere?

4. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    Nope

5. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Not at this time, TiVo is still trying to recoup the loss on the original sale of that Premiere. Maybe in years, there will be a crazy MSD on the Premiere but not now. Solid Signal has a deal, buy a Premiere for $99 and if used for OTA, not cable, get service for $9.95.

6. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    You may get a better offer if you call to cancel the DTS2. TiVo have some "retention specials" that they offer people during the cancellation process. I recently called to cancel an S2 that I just didn't need any more now I have 2 HD's and a Premier and I believe one of the offers was $200 ish to replace the existing box with a Premier at the same rate. YMMV

Personally I'm waiting, hoping the Premier Elite gets approved.