Premiere F/W Status

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Testpattern, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Testpattern

Testpattern Testpattern

Dec 5, 2006
    OKC America
    Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, I simply couldn't find the answer on the forum.

About a year ago I traded in my S3 for a Premiere. Regretfully so I might add.

Anyway, I soon discovered I couldn't use the HD menu features because they crashed frequently. After considerable effort I threw in the towel and switched over to Std Def. We've been using it that way ever since.

My question is this. Has there been any progress on addressing the HD menu system where Premiere users can actually use what they paid for?

I know there is a newer F/W 14.8.U2 but haven't a clue what it accomplished. Did it provide any relief for the HD menu crashes?

Cheers....

2. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    The HD GUI is pretty much stable at this point (At least it has been for me). It's still slow, but not AS slow as it was a year ago. It's "workable".

3. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    While the HD interface is not complete, and it has its quirks, it does seem pretty stable of late. I have not had a reboot in several weeks that I did not initiate or cause.

Digital sound stream is still mucked up but that has nothing to do with the HDUI.

4. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    The interface is not complete yet. It's usable for me, and always has been. If you're on 14.8u2, why not just leave it on for a day and see what you think.

5. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I am with the give it a try and see what you think crowd.

I actually like the SDUI better but every now and then switch just to see what is going on with the HDUI. I still think the HDUI is too dependent on a good Internet connection but it was stable the last time I tried it out.

I normally do a manual restart after switching between the UIs and play around just to clean up any issues.

Good Luck,