Premiere Elite & select-play-select.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVo_Fanatic, Jan 29, 2012.

1. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    I noticed at one poiint I could skip a max of 10 minutes by hitting the "skip button" multiple times which added 30 seconds a press. Well, I was playing around with it and some how got rid of that and made it so it can only skip 30 seconds at a time / key press. Then I got it to where the skip button jumped it to the end of the video which got me to wondering. What for the Elite are all of the select play select options for the skip button ?

2. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    They are the same as for any other TiVo device. You just have to enable them using the SDUI and not the HDUI.

3. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Huh ?

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The SPS codes for the Elite are the same as the other boxes, except that with 20.2:

From here.

So you would use Select-Select-Play-3-0-Select on your Elite to enable that 30-second skip you are asking about. SPS9S still adds the on-screen clock, except in the HDUI the clock is in the middle of the screen.

5. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    I don't even know what all the SPS codes are which I guess is kind of what I was trying ot get at. Also, when I press select nothing happens but I guess thats when using the HD interface which means I guess I'm using an SD interface which must be a default since I never changed anything.

Edit: If someone could link me to a current list of all the SPS codes that would be great because no matter what I do I can't seem to get back to the multiple skip thing were you can jump up to 10 minutes. Plus I'm curious what all the other ones are... all I know is SPS30S and SPS9S.

6. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    This is pretty old, but I don't think the SPS codes have changed much:

http://tivo.drosoph.com/#SPS

If you have an Elite, the HDUI should be the default (it's the one with the video preview window in TiVo Central).

7. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Thx and no, it came defaulted to the SDUI. I did for a few mins switch over though. The HDUI looks pretty nice but supposedly theres a ton of bugs in it so I might stick with the SDUI for now.

As for that link, I hope the SPS is there to get back the 10 min jump thing with multiple skip button presses.

Edit: Ok, so I looked and didn't find the SPS code I was after... anyone know what it is ?

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    If you're looking to get back the 30 second scan, you have to do that through the settings.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Interesting. Are you still running 14.9, or did you get 20.2? Is your Elite supplied by your cable company, or did you purchase it yourself?

Are you referring to the skip-to-tick feature? When fast-forwarding, if you press the |-> button on your remote it will jump to the next tick mark on the trickplay bar. Otherwise I'm not sure what this 10-minute jump your referring to is.

10. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    20.2 and I got it from an eBay seller brand new factory sealed so it may as well be store bought.

What I'm talking about is where you would hit the 30 second skip buton multiple times and it would let you add the seconds up for a maximum of a 10 minute jump / skip. This was the default behavior of the skip button when I first setup / ran the Elite then I started playin around with SPS and got rid of it.

11. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I think that's the 30-second scan feature, which is usually the default, but can be enabled/disabled under Messages and Settings > Settings >Remote Control. The SPS30S code will override that to turn on 30 second skip.

12. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    I'll check that out and get back to you, in the meantime... Ty.

Edit: That was it...

13. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Ha ... took a little back-and-forth, but we got there! :up:

14. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    That we did but weird I got my unit with SDUI standard as a brand new factory sealed system since it seemed one was trying to imply I shoulda had HDUI out of the box.

15. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yeah, I can't explain that. All I can say is that if you've got 20.2 on your box give it a shot, it's gotten a lot better.

16. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    I just switched it over to the HDUI a few mins ago, made another post on the matter regarding a pros n cons post I can't find now.