Premiere Apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by klyde, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:37 PM.

1. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

I have an old Premiere Im setting up for the wife. Is the Premiere capable of apps like you tube. I cant get any aps to show. I get the message there's an internet problem, even though I can see my other Tivos and download shows to the Premiere and it connects to Tivo home and does its thing. Is it me or ?

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    yes, apps work on premiere, albeit slowly, i use youtube, prime video, and music apps.

when, where, and what message are you getting that says there's an internet problem? is there an error code in the message?

3. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    When clicking on Video on demand it says, There was a Problem accessing the video demand screen and tells me to go to tivo central and connect again.
    Doesn't help. I do have pandora but that says down for maintence,.

4. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    Looks like the Premiere has the old menu system, it doesn't show apps. Im deleting everything and starting over. Since its no longer supported Im wondering if I can even get the newer menu?

5. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

Advertisements

this is your first mention of on demand, who is your cable provider?
    there's no need to delete anything. premieres support 2 different menus, sd and hd, and you can change the menu in: tivo central > settings & messages > settings > displays > choose tivo menus

did you miss the part where i said i had a premiere and used apps, like youtube, prime video, and pandora, without errors?

6. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I do not have that setting in my menu. I only have Channel Banner, Closed Captioning, Display on the front of the DVR. NO tivo menu line.
    I do not have cable, I was just trying everything to find apps since its not there. After I reset everything Netflix popped up, but when I click it I just get a blank screen and it goes back to the menu.
    I believe its not the latest software. The software is. 11.On.k1-01-2-652

7. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    have you subscribed to tivo service? if not, the apps won't function - on demand only works with cable.

try looking for the model number on a label, depending on the model, it could begin with tcd.

8. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    That's a Series 3, not a Premiere.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  9. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I have had Tivos since the first Gen, I didnt realize it was a series 3. I quit buying after my Bolt died, I bought 2 Romeos after it dies and will stick with them until they die. So I suppose the series 3 wont get the apps? I have a Roku I cant find the remote, so I ordered a new remote and will use this. Model TCD652160

10. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    no app support for series 3 - i was going to tell you the same in my post before @ggieseke, but asked the model number first, just to be sure - sorry it won't work out like you wanted, but there are several tivo series 3 users in the forum who like the model and are using them.

11. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I bought a $25 Roku. Good to go
    Thanks