Premiere and Slingbox Pro HD connections

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Oracle, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Oracle

Oracle New Member

May 30, 2010

Advertisements

I searched and came up empty, so....

I've got a Tivo Premiere and and thinking of getting a Slingbox Pro HD to stream to PC's in kids rooms.

2 Questions:
    1. Do the Tivo Premiere component and other audio outputs work while HDMI is hooked to my TV?

2. Anyone who has slingbox....has it been a good solution or is there something better?

Thanks!

2. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    1. Someone said no, I think. I'm using straight component (Tivo->Slingbox->Receiver->upconvert to HDMI then to TV) and it works fine.

2. Works great for me, but if you're streaming to the kids' room, you'll be watching what they select on the TV with the slingbox - you can't have one thing playing on the sling TV and have it stream something else to the kids' room - at least not to my knowledge.

3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

May 30, 2010
    I just tested using my TivoHD and it worked!

HDMI to the TV and I ran the component and audio to another TV.

So, both TV's displayed identical content and audio.

Now to decide between Slingbox or HAVA.

Happy New Year!

4. diamar

diamar New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    You may encounter HDCP problems if you try to watch the Slingbox while your TV or Receiver (whichever is connected to the TiVo's HDMI out) is on but viewing an input that's different from your TiVo.

5. rhoelzer

rhoelzer Member

Jan 3, 2004

Advertisements

Tivos have never had the HDCP issues that some cable boxes have. It's mostly Scientific Atlanta boxes that have that issue.

I've been using multipe Tivo HDs with HDMI plus Component or Composite outputs used, TV on or off, with different models of Slingboxes for years.

6. diamar

diamar New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    As far as I know, this issue got introduced with Premiere. I never had problems with my other TiVo's in this regard either.