Premiere acting strangely

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by redthumb, Aug 31, 2011.

1. redthumb

redthumb New Member

May 29, 2003
    My Premiere is having hiccups. During playback, usually on AETN HD, it has a sec or so without sound then sometimes jumps back a few seconds at lower res and repeats the last second and 4-5 secs later will switch back to HD and continue only to repeat the glitch another 20 secs down the line. Sometimes it will go a few minutes on HD and then go back to the same behavior. Last night I checked the same recording on a TiVo HD (recorded separately and not transferred) and it demonstrated the same behavior. I get the impression that the problem may be in the broadcast but I have been unable to verify that. Watching a different program - live - on the same channel shows no problems. Tomorrow I will try to watch the program that has the problem and see of it demonstrates there. Has anyone seen similar behaviors?

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I experienced a bit of playback strangeness back in February: TiVo Premiere OTA decoder playback loop? I'm fairly certain that it was caused by data glitches in the transport stream, but it would be nice if the TiVo could sort out data glitches that cause problems like video loops.

3. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Mine is doing something a bit odd this pasat weekend, it locks up when deleting a season pass program... A forced reboot is the only option