Premier Upgrade Program Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by larrs, Apr 16, 2010.

1. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW

Advertisements

Is it true that the Premier Upgrade offer for a DVR with product lifetime service gives you a new Premier at $299 plus $200 off of lifetime service (making it $199) for that DVR AND (this is the gist of the question) also you keep your original (s1,S2,S3,THD) with product lifetime still on it. Is this correct?

I know that in the past, the upgrade program allowed you to keep the old DVR, but cancelled the lifetime service on it (instead, I got free service on the old DVR for a year and thereafter it went to monthly).

It is hard to tell from the Tivo website and I don't trust calling a CSR...

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Yes.

3. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    OK, If I could have found your FAQ I wouldn't have needed to post this. Thanks for the response all the same...:)

Well written FAQ (as usual)

4. Karl Childers

Karl Childers New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    A...
    Product Lifetime Service should have NEVER been cancelled on a TiVo that is still functional . . . even through an Upgrade Program offer. Product Lifetime Service is just that . . . a subscription to the TiVo service for the lifetime of that specific TiVo for which it was purchased . . . PERIOD!

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003

Advertisements

Well, I wouldn't say "cancelled" -- what larrs is describing was a transfer of lifetime service from one unit to another, for which there was a fee, which also covered a year of service for the source unit.

The new Premiere upgrade program is a straight discount, no transfer.

6. jbaum

jbaum Member

Jul 23, 2002
    I transferred my lifetime from a series 1 to series 3, are you saying I should have been able to keep the lifetime on the series 1? Can I call and get it reinstated w/o charge? Have you been able to do it?

7. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    He might be saying that, but if he is, he's wrong.