Premier Hard Drive Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lifterguy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. lifterguy

lifterguy New Member

Jan 30, 2015

Advertisements

I recently bought a Premiere TCD746320 with it's original 320 GB hard drive, and using online tools and instructions, upgraded it to a new 3TB WD drive. I saved the original drive as a backup. Now I'm considering buying another Premiere TCD746320 (with lifetime) that has a dead hard drive. Can I just get a new hard drive and image it with the original drive from the first Tivo, or will I run into problems trying to do that?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    That should work fine. You will just need to do a clear and delete everything after installing the new drive.

3. lifterguy

lifterguy New Member

Jan 30, 2015

Thanks jrtroo! I got the Tivo with the dead hard drive this week, did the copy to the new drive from my original drive. And everything worked. I did get error m51 when I booted up - I did not realize there is a "Clear & Delete" menu item - but I did a quick Google search to find out where to access "Clear & Delete" [TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Clear & Delete Everything ]. Everything reset, and I'm good to go.