Premier DVRs not seeing my HD Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wolf rayet, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dec 8, 2016 #1 of 15
    wolf rayet

wolf rayet New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    As of Sunday 12/3/16 my two Premier DVRs are not seeing my HD DVR. all I get is error C423 and nothing I do seems to fix this issue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

bcrider likes this.
  2. Dec 8, 2016 #2 of 15
    TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    This is a known issue, many mentions of it throughout the threads in the coffee house and tivo help forums. I have read that if you switch the premiere to the SD menu you will be able to do transfers.

New Roamio Update: Problems with Tivo HD transfer

3. Dec 9, 2016 #3 of 15
    wolf rayet

wolf rayet New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    OK so I don't have a Roamio Tivo, I have two premier and one HD that are not seeing each other. They are all on SD menu. I did discover after a lot more looking that this is a known issue.

4. Dec 9, 2016 #4 of 15
    boston01

boston01 New Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Report the issue to TiVO to expedite a fix. We have the same problem. It seems to be the Series 4 units that have the bug with the new software that they pushed out.

wolf rayet likes this.
  5. jalind

jalind John

Feb 27, 2005
    Terra, 3rd...
    Yep . . . was on the phone tonight with TiVo tech support . . . known issue . . . and the more of us that call them about it the higher priority the fix will be.

John

6. jalind

jalind John

Feb 27, 2005
    Terra, 3rd...
    Yes, setting menus from HD to SD is a work-around. Just verified it.

John

7. wolf rayet

wolf rayet New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Good, I'v been harassing them also :)

8. stuk

stuk New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I ran into the C423 error attempting to transfer shows to my Tivo Premiere XL4 from my TiVo HD and TiVo Series 2. This had been working just fine. After swapping, resetting routers and many (time consuming) TiVo power cycles, I couldn't fix the C423 error. I called TiVo support and opened a support case. Thanks TiVo support forum users for the SD menu workaround. Hopefully TiVo fixes this bug soon.

9. Jan 2, 2017 #9 of 15
    wolf rayet

wolf rayet New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    This worked for me also, thanks John

10. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Did Tivo acknowledge there's a problem when you contacted them, aka do you think they are going to fix it?

11. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The fix is supposed to be in the next update. Perhaps reading between the lines, but the people posting may have been beta testers. :)

Scott

12. wolf rayet

wolf rayet New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    This was the last response I got from TiVo.

Date: Wed, Jan 11, 2017 5:52 PM

Hello Blake, Thank you for contacting TiVo Email Support.This is an issue we are currently experiencing and are working towards a resolution. Unfortunately, at this time, there is no ETA but we are working on a fix. You may see the reference number as closed on your end, but this is something we are still working on resolving.

13. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    As of last week, full MRV between all my S3's and higher TiVo's has been restored. I hope others have it restored as well. MRV working as well as before.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Mine's back working, too...

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Well...I can now get shows from my THD on my Premiere 4, however, it will not let me do it from my MINI. I bet if I got it on a Premiere 4 then the MINI will play it.